Re: Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

hug0905 wrote:i guess they're just jealous because the mtfs and guards only get to use firearms :p
Actually quite yes. The point is that the player only survives and MTF gets used to firearms.
Spoiler
My head hurts.

InnocentSam wrote:
SCP 513 wrote:
Spoiler
My head hurts.
Making it a spoiler doesn't stop it being off-topic, genius...

In regards to firearms, I think that there's no way to implement it officially without it annoying someone. Unofficially, it'd be quite cool, because that way you could say "I don't want it, so I won't download it" but the people who do want it could download it.
I really do agree with that statement.

InnocentSam wrote:I think that there's no way to implement it officially without it annoying someone. Unofficially, it'd be quite cool, because that way you could say "I don't want it, so I won't download it" but the people who do want it could download it.
^This

It's like ShadowZ's multiplayer mod. It's not official, but if you want multiplayer, get the mod.
So if you all want the use guns in-game, make a mod! Regalis released the source code, use it.

To sum up the thread so far:
People want guns, but the maker doesn't want guns to be in game
People say guns exist in game, why can't they pick them up?
Someone suggests a form of biometric locking on the guns, to be mentioned by a guard in the intro. No response.
More people say they want guns, or say to leave guns un-pickupable without explanation
Biometric locking suggested again. Someone says this doesn't make sense because current technology would be too slow at that. (despite the Foundation being super-tech, and other methods of biometric scanning exist that are faster)
More talk that soesn't make sense and isn't all too relevant.

Personal statement: Just put a note in the opening explaining the gun safety features, or have a guard discourage you by mentioning the safety features. Say it's an ID chip planted in the hand, finderprint scanning, DNA checks, whatever you want. Any of those three would make sense for the Foundation to use considering they deal with death-row criminals on frequent basis, who may have a history of stealing guards guns to incite a breakout.
Mr Sensible Ideas

Maybe look at the scene from Dredd. There is a scene where a guy steals the gun from one of Judge's partners, the guy aims it towards the girl, and tries to pull the trigger. The gun shows an ID error on the side, and blows up. His arm blew up with the gun, he then lays on the ground in pain with half his arm cut off.
Now of course maybe not a scene like that be shown in CB, but that might be a good way to combat the entire death row inmate taking their guns, that way they don't walk away without loosing a limb.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Lotims wrote:Maybe look at the scene from Dredd. There is a scene where a guy steals the gun from one of Judge's partners, the guy aims it towards the girl, and tries to pull the trigger. The gun shows an ID error on the side, and blows up. His arm blew up with the gun, he then lays on the ground in pain with half his arm cut off.
Now of course maybe not a scene like that be shown in CB, but that might be a good way to combat the entire death row inmate taking their guns, that way they don't walk away without loosing a limb.
Maybe i agree with the idea.. but it's not like stealing guns from place to place.

My idea: There could be firearms cabin and you look for suicidal guard to get a keycard to open it... thoughts?
Last edited by SCP 513 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.