Re: Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

Sparks wrote:I hope the older members on here remember the last thread about adding weapons that spun out of control, the one by Costa ric.
I do, saw the whole thing. I'm fine if the guns are an optional mod, just a but iffy about them being in the standalone game.
Also, what happened to Costa ric? Banned?
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's

CostaRic was an idiot, and I hope he never comes back. He is not perma-banned, but the reason he was banned on the first warning was because he had made so many stupid threads, insulted moderators, and posted unofficial pictures onto the Containment Breach Wikia.

It all started with his horrible 173 concept art. He made 173 look like a fucking alien with claws and all of that. Then he started saying "GAIS, MY DESIGN IS TOTALLY EPIX AND U SHUD MAKE IT OFFICIAL IN THE GAME", and when we told him no, and that the current design is the correct, and canon, design, he said "OK THEN GAIS I WILL ASK THE AUTHOR OF 173 TO CHANGE HIS DESIGN TO MINE".

He continued with his shitty ass design and even went to trying to make a model for it which was a polygonal mess, and I politely continued to tell him that his concept is incorrect and that it will never replace the current one. However, after I did this, he began flaming and insulting me, saying that I was flaming him and that I am an idiot and all the sorts.

Did I mention that he thought that the "Hot Topic" status for threads meant it was being flamed?

Now get back On-Topic.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

SCP-426 wrote:What would you do with a gun anyway?
Trying to shoot 173?
"no u wood shot da mtfz"

And that is basically why I'm against guns.

Another reason why I'm against guns is that they make the player feel stronger, even if they can't shoot.

1. True Story :sad: . Why horror game need a gun? Anyway, if peoples wants guns, then:
2. Mod, that's add guns. (No DLC. That's is bull!@#t. Devs not will do that.). That's will no effect on SCP-173, 106. But will affect on 079 (OOPS, game over), 096 (To slow down), 372 (That thing will be angry and will kill you) and MTF (Slow down and Kill).
That's all i can say.
Had feel trip over [REDACTED]. Don't want to do that again.
Best chemical comes from mixing hope and dream.
RAMIREZ,
KILL THE SCP-682!

I don't understand how this idea of SCP:CB having "DLC" has gotten traction in the past few weeks. It is often brought up in threads regarding more controversial or divisive issues. Regalis simply does not wish to expend time into making something he feels he does not want to be in the game and would rather focus on interesting content.

If someone wants to make a Firearm mod, then go ahead.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

The thing that I think matters is this.
Regalis, the person who created the base atmosphere of the game, said that there will not be guns for the game. Clearly he must think guns would ruin this atmosphere, which has made the game as great as it is amongst many other things. Everyone should realize that the person who has created the atmosphere and general aspects of a universe, should know how to maintain it. If Regalis says no guns, then there shouldn't be any guns in game, no matter what everyone else thinks.
Last edited by Lotims on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com