Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

The question of firearms being useable ingame is one of the most often brought up suggestions that we get, it is also clear that there is a clear divide on the issue of guns in the game. As such I am creating this thread to explicitly state to all users, present and future, the official position of guns in the game, since too many people seem to be unable to read the FAQ section.

The official response that Regalis has given to date on guns is that there will be no guns the player can use, and no effort is being made currently to implement firearms in any way.

I will leave this thread open explicitly so that all firearm related discussion can be kept in one place. Please keep any discussion and debate on topic and respectful. To the mods, you may not lock this thread unless I state so. Anyone who brings up the issue of firearms in this game outside of this thread will be strapped into the femur breaking machine.

Thank you.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Re: Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

Some people are STILL asking for guns? How many times do they have to be told no?
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's

Mt god, did we really havo to go to this? Why are people so lazy that they can't read the FAQ? Did we really have to have a thread about one of the FAQ? It seems that many new members just make an account and immediately go to make a thread. Is it possible to make it so that only members above x posts can make threads? Or maybe make it so that they HAVE to read the rules and FAQ before becoming a member, just like the SCP facility wiki does? Just a few ideas to stop people from flooding the forums with the same questions over and over again.
I really hope this thread stops some people from asking the question once again.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Yea, I'm against Firearms in the game.....If you give a good explanation why.
Because if you're a D-Class who is trying to escape SCP's....Not to mention HUMAN SOLDIERS....It seems a bit odd that you would just skip over a Fully Loaded P90 SMG.
My name is John...Yes you can call me that...Yes it's a bland name, but it gets the job done.
I Warhammer 40K harder than you.

I'm all for a gun in the game, presumably picked up by the guard who commits suicide or perhaps a way to climb to the platform with the guard in the intro sequence and take his :D , but it wouldn't be easy to implement and I can see a number of people who would complain against it. Also, I respect Regalis' decision on the topic so far, and myself am tired of seeing Newbies come around saying "wud b soooo cul if der wur gunz." While I'm all for "educating" people on the stance of the game and what its about, they need to take a peak at the FAQ. Sometimes I just feel like making them look at 096 just to have them ripped apart :096:

Now that my rant is over...
When going into the unknown, always know what you know abouts what's not known about the unknown known.

RADICAL LORD

^ This.

A gun, a very common pickup in first-person games is portrayed in the world. However, despite creating an atmosphere that incites the player to look for things to set their mind at ease, the gun cannot be picked up. I swear this game creates more desire to pick up that gun than most first-person shooters. If the player shouldn't be able to use the gun, then the weapon's presentation should be improved.

For argument's sake, it would be more believable if the gun were broken in two.

As an idea, the gun could be implemented without ammunition to fire. Every let's play would contain the collectible P90 that everyone hopes will turn out to be useful later in their game, becoming ingrained into their psyche as an effigy of despair.

I think that the DNA encoded gun is still a good idea, as it both can troll a player, and can give an idea of what kind of technology the foundation can get a hold of. Of course it woould be a stun at first, but will eventually kill the player, or perhaps once the player gets the gun to 914 after multiple stuns, tries to put it through, only to figure out it makes a floating sentient gun, which will try to kill the player once it gets out. So basically the whole gun exists just to troll you.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:I think that the DNA encoded gun is still a good idea, as it both can troll a player, and can give an idea of what kind of technology the foundation can get a hold of. Of course it woould be a stun at first, but will eventually kill the player, or perhaps once the player gets the gun to 914 after multiple stuns, tries to put it through, only to figure out it makes a floating sentient gun, which will try to kill the player once it gets out. So basically the whole gun exists just to troll you.
Troll gun?
...Why not?
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

GruntunitG602 wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:I think that the DNA encoded gun is still a good idea, as it both can troll a player, and can give an idea of what kind of technology the foundation can get a hold of. Of course it woould be a stun at first, but will eventually kill the player, or perhaps once the player gets the gun to 914 after multiple stuns, tries to put it through, only to figure out it makes a floating sentient gun, which will try to kill the player once it gets out. So basically the whole gun exists just to troll you.
Troll gun?
...Why not?
I guess, but it's a little silly.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!