Re: Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

I like the view on firearms you have but what annoys me is that when you find a dead guard with a gun
Now I think a D class may be in fear and can use something to make them feel a bit more safe and most likely grab it
but they can't in game now i'm not saying you need to have guns at all but I have some ideas you can try

Let the D class pick up guns but they have no ammo this will lure the player in a false sense of security and in return make it scarier when they find out it has no ammo
maybe a no ammo message pops up when shooting just thinking of them freaking out trying to use it on 096 also maybe have a click sound or something for trying to fire meaning no ammo in most games

Broken gun mainly the same thing as the first idea but the gun looks broke if looked at closely but can't be seen if they don't try and also have a broken gun message
this will also this will lure the player in a false sense of security

A useless gun the ammo fired at a SCP will not harm it at all this will lure the player in a false sense of security and maybe even make them think they are harming it or make them feel powerful but will make them have more fear when they find it did nothing but maybe slow them , nothing or play dead and if they play dead it will scare the player more when the scp starts chasing them once more

that is just some ideas I have that can make use out of guns for a false sense of security of players to make it more creepy or scary

Thank you for reading and I hope you could try one of my ideas

thekill9714 wrote:I like the view on firearms you have but what annoys me is that when you find a dead guard with a gun
Now I think a D class may be in fear and can use something to make them feel a bit more safe and most likely grab it
but they can't in game now i'm not saying you need to have guns at all but I have some ideas you can try

Let the D class pick up guns but they have no ammo this will lure the player in a false sense of security and in return make it scarier when they find out it has no ammo
maybe a no ammo message pops up when shooting just thinking of them freaking out trying to use it on 096 also maybe have a click sound or something for trying to fire meaning no ammo in most games

Broken gun mainly the same thing as the first idea but the gun looks broke if looked at closely but can't be seen if they don't try and also have a broken gun message
this will also this will lure the player in a false sense of security

A useless gun the ammo fired at a SCP will not harm it at all this will lure the player in a false sense of security and maybe even make them think they are harming it or make them feel powerful but will make them have more fear when they find it did nothing but maybe slow them , nothing or play dead and if they play dead it will scare the player more when the scp starts chasing them once more

that is just some ideas I have that can make use out of guns for a false sense of security of players to make it more creepy or scary

Thank you for reading and I hope you could try one of my ideas
No offense, but these are terrible ideas. Why would Regalis create a new item and new animations (the player holding the gun) for something that's not going to be even put to use? The person who posted previous to you just solved the whole problem with a single proposed document. I solved the whole problem some few months ago with a suggested extra few lines of dialogue in the intro. Destructoid, I think but I could be wrong, solved the whole problem with a proposed armory and a document of his own. This whole problem has been solved already, or at least would have been solved already if people would actually listen to the ideas being put forth.

I'm sorry and I don't want to seem rude, but it just amazes me how all the actually good ideas are dismissed right off the bat while people continually beg for the ability to hold empty and broken firearms that would take time to implement and distract from implementing new scenes or fixing game breaking bugs like the wall that appears in SCP-096's generator room. I'm glad that people aren't satisfied with simply not being able to pick up guns without explanation, but it's like almost everyone is determined to handle it in the most clunky and haphazard way possible when others are proposing fantastic solutions and basically telling you how to implement this all properly. Again, no offense. It's just something that's gnawing at me.

JoeKool82185 wrote: The person who posted previous to you just solved the whole problem with a single proposed document. I solved the whole problem some few months ago with a suggested extra few lines of dialogue in the intro. Destructoid, I think but I could be wrong, solved the whole problem with a proposed armory and a document of his own.
That was me, actually. Heck, if I could just get the basic document texture, I could whip it up myself, leaving the only work for Regalis to do would be to apply it ingame.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the lines of dialogue. If you skip the intro, it'd be easy to miss, and it'd be difficult to work in without disrupting the "flow" of it all, if you know what I mean. Other than those two things, I like your idea.
My Acting Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TotalBunghole

Killing_You wrote:
JoeKool82185 wrote: The person who posted previous to you just solved the whole problem with a single proposed document. I solved the whole problem some few months ago with a suggested extra few lines of dialogue in the intro. Destructoid, I think but I could be wrong, solved the whole problem with a proposed armory and a document of his own.
That was me, actually. Heck, if I could just get the basic document texture, I could whip it up myself, leaving the only work for Regalis to do would be to apply it ingame.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the lines of dialogue. If you skip the intro, it'd be easy to miss, and it'd be difficult to work in without disrupting the "flow" of it all, if you know what I mean. Other than those two things, I like your idea.
It wouldn't be too difficult to work in. "You eyein' my piece? Just try it. These things are ID-tagged. Only Foundation Personnel can use guns in this facility, and last I checked, you weren't on payroll". Something to that effect. Could be right when you walk out of the cell. And there are other things that are easy to miss if you skip the intro, such as the fact that you are a Class D. Most people skipping the intro will have seen it a half dozen times anyway.

JoeKool82185 wrote:
Killing_You wrote:

It wouldn't be too difficult to work in. "You eyein' my piece? Just try it. These things are ID-tagged. Only Foundation Personnel can use guns in this facility, and last I checked, you weren't on payroll". Something to that effect. Could be right when you walk out of the cell. And there are other things that are easy to miss if you skip the intro, such as the fact that you are a Class D. Most people skipping the intro will have seen it a half dozen times anyway.
Eh, true. Maybe it'll only trigger when/if you look at the guard behind you.

Killing_You wrote:I think that a document at a random place should explain why firearms are unavailable. Something, perhaps, like this:
Spoiler
NOTICE TO GUARDS

Due to recent incidents involving D-Class escape attempts, 05 Command has ordered all firearms to be rigged for Fingerprint Tagging.

We will install fingerprint scanners on the handguard of your weapon, which will render it inoperable unless a fingerprint match is acquired. Report to R&D Section of the security offices at the end of your current shift to begin the process, which will be completed by the time you go back on shift. Failure to do so within the next few weeks will result in disciplinary action, not to exclude termination.

Remember, this is for your safety, the safety of the Foundation, and the safety of humanity. Secure. Contain. Protect.
This is basically a rough draft, but it's the best solution I can see. And if you were wondering, yes, it was inspired by Skyfall. 8)
like the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RancioGamers1?feature=mhee give us a suscbribe please!! scp videos !!

I feel like there still needs to be an explanation as to why the player can't pick up/use the guns from dead guards in the facility. It doesn't seriously affect gameplay, but it's a curiosity that can be satiated with a little creative action. Nothing urgent or necessary though.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Still how will you explain all the MTF's/Guards and Scientists being immune to gun fire? I still think the DNA encoding is the best course and more logical considering the technological level of the foundation.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:Still how will you explain all the MTF's/Guards and Scientists being immune to gun fire? I still think the DNA encoding is the best course and more logical considering the technological level of the foundation.
Steel, can you PM me the basic document texture if you have it? (Including the clearance levels). I'll whip up an explanation myself. (Fingerprint tagging, though, not DNA. Easier to build, serves the same purpose, easier to use.)