Re: Forum user rules.

Can we have this added?
people have a right to have opinions, and to be offended by whatever irks them, just like how people have a right to feel any other emotion
being offended does not make you special; it does not give you special powers, it does not allow you to be protected from second hand insults and inflamed sensitivities
no one has the right to not be offended; people can't claim they have a right to not be offended when freedom of speech is prevalent
nobody will ever be granted special rights simply because they are offended
people shouldn't purposely try to offend others
no one should make a mountain out of a molehill, etc
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Can you teak the double post rules a little?

I think people should be allowed to double post when they need to add news or updates on stuff like game development, or stuff like Trex's thread about the RP being open. This, of course, should be allowed only for the author or the person working on the project.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Actually, when you need to double post, you can just copy your previous post, delete it, and then copy the old post on your new one. That bumps the topic and prevents a double post.

SFK363 wrote:Actually, when you need to double post, you can just copy your previous post, delete it, and then copy the old post on your new one. That bumps the topic and prevents a double post.
Yeah, but how do you delete your posts?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
SFK363 wrote:Actually, when you need to double post, you can just copy your previous post, delete it, and then copy the old post on your new one. That bumps the topic and prevents a double post.
Yeah, but how do you delete your posts?
They have to be the last post in the topic for it to work (doesn't matter anyway because if it isn't you can't double post). If the circumstances are met, you should see a button with an X next to the Edit button. That's for deleting your post.

Xyteran wrote:I actually have a suggestion for the forum rules.

Why do you require us to post suggestions or contributions in a single topic? This makes it quite difficult to keep ideas organized, keep discussion flowing, and locate previous recommendations. How am I supposed to remember which page, out of 30, an idea was on? I feel as though it would be much wiser to just create a separate board for suggestions, and allow people to create topics there. At a minimum, it'd make the forum more active, as people wouldn't have to jump over each other to get ideas across, limiting discussion.

Just my two shiny pennies. :)
There would be too many topics. Most likely, for every comment there is in the already existing thread, there would be a new thread.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-