Undertow Games

risingstar64
Guard

Re: Undertow Games

Postby risingstar64 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 am

This is all great news Regalis! Your new project sounds as ambitious as I expected. I have no doubt that tracking its progress will be just as exciting as keeping up with Containment Breach has been over the past few years. I wanted to write up a more formal compilation of my thoughts and ideas regarding Undertow Games, Subsurface, and the future of Containment Breach, but due to time constraints I am going to wait and see in what direction things move for now. As far as helping out with Subsurface goes, I completely understand your concern with accepting collaboration on a project that will eventually be monetized. That being said, whereas I was very limited in how much I could assist in the development of Containment Breach with blitzbasic, C# is a language that I have a great deal of experience working with, so if things ever work out in such a way that I can be of some assistance, I would be honored to lend a hand. Until then, I look forward to keeping up with the Undertow blog and seeing how Subsurface begins to shape out! :079_2:
Last edited by risingstar64 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonocleBios
MTF

Postby MonocleBios » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:10 am

mrpeanut188 wrote:Thinks like, healthcare *cough cough* should not be controlled by government. Socialized medicine is the first step of communism and that's what Obama is doing to the United States. #FirstWorldProblems

Being from a country that utilizes universal health care, I couldn't disagree with you more. Universal health care is by no means perfect, but calling it 'the first step to communism' is a bit farfetched.

Regalis wrote:Besides, I'm not so sure if there are any major advantages in using C++ over a language I'm more familiar in a project like this. I doubt the slightly better performance would even cause any noticeable difference in performance for example.

Unless you really know what you're doing, you aren't going to be writing code in C++ that's consistently faster than something most modern compilers can in other languages.
M-x dingus-mode

MOV_Games
MTF

Postby MOV_Games » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Just catching up on news due to being away for months. Your new game certainly looks interesting, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's

yonzo_rikuo
MTF

Postby yonzo_rikuo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 am

great now stalker can make it easier to stalk regalis
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

D-9999
Senior Staff

Postby D-9999 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:29 pm

yonzo_rikuo wrote:great now stalker can make it easier to stalk regalis

[Insert very confused question mark here]

Nehpys
Senior Staff

Postby Nehpys » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm

yonzo_rikuo wrote:great now stalker can make it easier to stalk regalis

Refer to my Profile picture for this comment.

yonzo_rikuo
MTF

Postby yonzo_rikuo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 am

i think we should have a temporary leader in this game so the game will continue updating. i think juanjpro or steelpoint will do
- DR.Yonzo

Nehpys
Senior Staff

Postby Nehpys » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 pm

yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think we should have a temporary leader in this game so the game will continue updating. i think juanjpro or steelpoint will do

Regalis will be the leader of this game, until he passes the position down. Besides, he will still do updates. Since 1.0, there isn't much stuff to implement that will be interesting... so to say. I mean, sure. A new room and NPC. And what usually comes with that package? DEATH! or, some other thing. Besides, if Regalis would pass the position down, the game would most likely stop, since everyone else has the same thing Regalis has. A life to live. The latest "Major" update will be content from Box of Horrors. After that, the game *Might* die, or minor bug-fixes. Maybe even another "Major" update. Who knows. Anyways, this won't be Regalis' focus(?), since he is working on another game. Besides, it does seem that the Forums, and other places to what I've seen, have really.... died.... after 1.0. It may have that jolt from YouTubers when a Major update comes out, it slowly simmers down. I'm not saying this game is not popular.....

Where's this comment going? I try to reply to his comment, then this comes out XD

Cridone
Senior Staff

Postby Cridone » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:29 am

yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think we should have a temporary leader in this game so the game will continue updating. i think juanjpro or steelpoint will do

Uh no, Reg will continue to work on SCPCB as a second priority - he will always be the main developer, a leader is not needed unless you mean a port.
In that sense, they're only leading a port, not the original game.
classd.b3d is life

yonzo_rikuo
MTF

Postby yonzo_rikuo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:14 pm

i think its better for regalis to read the suggestion thread since he has no idea what to implement. this might make the game to keep updating. we can't make this game stop updating. people has waiting for so long.
- DR.Yonzo

Return to “Official News”