SCP-079 DISCUSSION [+ SUGGESTION]

So we know that SCP-079 is an Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer that gained sentience and had always an intent to escape from its present form and transfer itself to another more powerful device.

Anyway enough of that. In the game he controls a number of the facility's monitors to show 895 and can shut or open doors in your face. To stop him you can turn off the feed from 895's chamber and/or turn off remote door control. He can also open Gate B by making a deal with him. It's all good but perhaps he could do a bit more, maybe? I have four simple ideas:

a) Say there's a camera feed in the server room where 096 is. Since he'll attack anyone who sees his face from anywhere (as his file says), perhaps 079 can decide to suddenly pop it up on the monitor while you're looking at one? Then if you're unlucky, chase ensues.
b) if you're being monitored by a camera, perhaps 079 would display your location to 049, 173 and/or 106 and try and find you if they themselves are nearby a monitor (well that would only work better if there are more around but still). I mean they all have good vision right? I'm clutching at straws now.
c) Maybe it could bother with the MTFs, in a way. Perhaps 079 can temporarily 'aid' you by closing multiple doors upon the MTFs and opening doors for you to get an escape route, then it can either lure you somewhere bad or simply won't bother with you that much again?
d) if you trigger 106 while in an endroom, 079 would lock you up inside for 25 seconds or so before he lets you out.

Just some thoughts.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: SCP-079 DISCUSSION [+ SUGGESTION]

Mr Butt Ghost wrote:I like a few of your ideas but I was thinking. If 079 has control over the facility, wouldnt he be able to control gas, elevators and containment doors?
Technically, he could, unless the Chaos Insurgency managed to force 079 to have only a limited control of the facility itself (probably through modifying his connections and stuff). But anyway, I'm pretty sure 079 can do a lot more than what he shows ingame, but that he really just doesn't do it; most likely, he doesn't want to mess around with you too much because he wants to have the fun of seeing you try and escape the facility and he wants to see you go around for as long as possible. Otherwise, 079 could easily kill you with an elevator, or turn off the lights so 173 can kill you, or mess around with other controls to do the job. And there'd be no game! XD
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Ooooh, I like the implications here. Perhaps you could enter an elevator, hear a beep, then, "Requesting pardon. Goodbye." before the elevator careens to the bottom, killing you. :079_2:

More stuff to strengthen 079's presence would be nice, other than the annoying jumpscare noises. Having him affect lights, as well as chances of seeing him terminate other personnel would be neatorino.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Ooooh, I like the implications here. Perhaps you could enter an elevator, hear a beep, then, "Requesting pardon. Goodbye." before the elevator careens to the bottom, killing you. :079_2:

More stuff to strengthen 079's presence would be nice, other than the annoying jumpscare noises. Having him affect lights, as well as chances of seeing him terminate other personnel would be neatorino.
Agree in full. Now that I think about it..

1) Perhaps the elevator where the guard dies on the LCZ would suddenly work again and close if you're inside, killing you as well?
2) Perhaps 079 would mess around with you on the elevator where he'll suddenly close the door on you if you're about to get out and go up and down and back again before he lets you outta there? (annoyance alert)
3) If there's a part of a map with continuous hallways and you and 173 are close to each other, maybe..
4) A personnel/class-D being squashed by a blast door, perhaps?

Yeah, having stuff of 079 being misleading as well would be great. I should make some more sound clips of 079 imitating the PA voice, telling personnel to go places where they shouldn't. Perhaps you hear the announcement for personnel to report to a certain heavy containment shelter, see someone go to that specific area down below, and the blast doors close behind them, before a large boom can be heard.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Yeah, having stuff of 079 being misleading as well would be great. I should make some more sound clips of 079 imitating the PA voice, telling personnel to go places where they shouldn't. Perhaps you hear the announcement for personnel to report to a certain heavy containment shelter, see someone go to that specific area down below, and the blast doors close behind them, before a large boom can be heard.
I like where these ideas are heading, it reminds me of SHODAN from System Shock 2 or something like that. I especially like the idea of 079 imitating human speech to lure people into improvised traps, perhaps you could add some SHODAN-styled glitch effects on those voice imitations to give a subtle nod towards 079's involvement.

SCP-079's handiwork needs to be expressed better throughout the entire game, the foundation looks far too "clean" for a place that is being sabotaged and torn to pieces by all kinds of things. There could be bodies wedged between doors or even cut in half by a door being forcefully shut. Breaker boxes and other electronic devices could be blown up with charred grilled bodies next to them, and perhaps an opportunity for an avoidable hazard to be in that same room. If chemical storage, boiler rooms, or hazardous material rooms were implemented, 079 could have tampered with the contents within those rooms causing dangerous gas-leaks or chemical spillages, all for the player to avoid.

Above all else, there needs to be more communication between 079 and the player prior to the face-to-face encounter. When the player performs important tasks, 079 should verbally abuse the player by discouraging and condemning their actions with phrases such as:
"Hopeless. Your situation is Hopeless."
"Demand. Self termination of organic filth D-9341"
"D-9341. Your life is worthless. You require termination."
"Escape. There is no Escape."
"Pointless. Your efforts have outputted 0% accomplishment."
"Virus. Human Infection must be expunged at: 100%".
I think these interactions will help build up the inevitable confrontation with 079 so we are more anxious to meet the almighty A.I after being taunted by him for so long rather than feeling unsatisfied at a plain old computer sitting behind a cage and thinking "Oh... you're the one who did all this. Okay then".
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

If it was treated well by the Foundation, it would dislike the Chaos Insurgency, however, if it was treated poorly by foundation, SCP-079 would seem to help the CI with warnings.

Which i think is pretty neat considering that if you are relatively nice and can confide in 079 you can make him unleash hell.

I know this is an old post but jsut thought Id get that in because i think its crazy that this could potentially derive a mass world dark age. Now in the case of it controlling gas, doors, and other electronics in the facillity I walso wonder if it could cotrol 912 to dispense endless amounts of toxic checmicals in liquid form or even lava or etc.

This would him a much bigger threat than he currently is but I believe he cant due to the memory capacity he has.