Re: MTF DISCUSSION

One thing I've noticed with the MTF is that they're really hard to see sometimes. I think it'd be cool if they had red or green laser sights on their guns. It'd make them easier to see, and let you know where they're looking. Also maybe it could light your screen like in Battlefield 3, when they target you. Dunno if it's been suggested before but it seems like it could work.

I have a few ideas for the MTFs that perhaps can get people thinking. What if we have the MTF soldiers containing and or making sure the containment cells aren't breached? Literally moving throught he facility to do this? This will keep their locations moving and randomized through out the game and give a reason as to why. I also suggest they break off in small groups for certain tasks. For instance,what if the player enters 895's chamber as normal? Now you know what happens when the player looks at the monitor, of course it means death. However, what if the player looks into the monitor and see (on occasion) MTF soldiers in the coffin room making sure that nothing was breached there? Then while the player is watching the soldiers, the images from 895 begin to appear, blending in until all you can see is that. Then the player dies.

I also suggest that perhaps we can have MTF scenes on occasion like that on other monitors to give the impression of MTF soldiers making their way through the facility doing their job of securing it. It would also serve as an early warning to the player if an MTF soldier is approaching their area.

I would also like to see a security room where most of the monitors are located for 'ONLY' monitoring the facility and not containment cells. The monitors used for containment cells should be at the location of the cell itself. Perhaps the captain of Epsilon 11 could position himself there, feeding the other MTF soldiers with information on your location as well as other SCPs, survivor holdouts etc... The power room may be more important with this idea since disabling the cameras could be useful to keep the MTF soldiers from finding the player as quickly.

The MTF should also be seen interracting with SCPs, especially escaped ones. I would like to see 096 reacting to an MTF if he is unfortunate enough to see its face. However, it should not be easy as I would assume they are the best at what they do. They wouldn't make such mistakes easily. I would like to see perhaps an MTF being seen by the player being dragged off by 106. That also would be cool.

Here is my last idea about MTFs so I don't bog you down with information overload. I would like to see the MTF soldiers progressively reduce in number. For instance. They are called Nine Tailed Fox because there are nine members to the squad, correct? Well what if they start off as nine but as a few get picked off here and there by 173, 096 and 106, they become fewer in number. This would give the player a little more of a fighting chance to escape them and perhaps escape the facility if they can last that long. I would suggest no fewer than 5 should die. I imagine the difficulty level with this idea would appear more like a pyramid. The difficulty starts off low since the player is dealing mostly with SCP 173 and 106 mostly. Then it rises to a peak when the MTF's show up in full numbers and strength. But as they began to reduce in number, the difficulty settles down a bit to allow the player to progress. Anyway, its just an idea.

Stormy wrote: 1.
I also suggest that perhaps we can have MTF scenes on occasion like that on other monitors to give the impression of MTF soldiers making their way through the facility doing their job of securing it. It would also serve as an early warning to the player if an MTF soldier is approaching their area.

I would also like to see a security room where most of the monitors are located for 'ONLY' monitoring the facility and not containment cells. The monitors used for containment cells should be at the location of the cell itself. Perhaps the captain of Epsilon 11 could position himself there, feeding the other MTF soldiers with information on your location as well as other SCPs, survivor holdouts etc... The power room may be more important with this idea since disabling the cameras could be useful to keep the MTF soldiers from finding the player as quickly.

The MTF should also be seen interracting with SCPs, especially escaped ones. I would like to see 096 reacting to an MTF if he is unfortunate enough to see its face. However, it should not be easy as I would assume they are the best at what they do. They wouldn't make such mistakes easily. I would like to see perhaps an MTF being seen by the player being dragged off by 106. That also would be cool.

Here is my last idea about MTFs so I don't bog you down with information overload. I would like to see the MTF soldiers progressively reduce in number. For instance. They are called Nine Tailed Fox because there are nine members to the squad, correct? Well what if they start off as nine but as a few get picked off here and there by 173, 096 and 106, they become fewer in number. This would give the player a little more of a fighting chance to escape them and perhaps escape the facility if they can last that long. I would suggest no fewer than 5 should die. I imagine the difficulty level with this idea would appear more like a pyramid. The difficulty starts off low since the player is dealing mostly with SCP 173 and 106 mostly. Then it rises to a peak when the MTF's show up in full numbers and strength. But as they began to reduce in number, the difficulty settles down a bit to allow the player to progress. Anyway, its just an idea.
1.Agree. And more cameras and monitors. (This isn't MTF Discussion: Also the chats shouldn't be in the monitors at the office rooms. They should be on computer monitors. The wall monitors could(should) be camera monitors)

2.Agree at all. The Foundation needs a security control room. Monitors, microphones, radios and stuff.

3.They should be seen beeing killed by an SCP, but not making mistakes. They die but you don't know what they've done wrong.

4.Of course. MTFs are good soldiers, but they don't respawn xD... These will make possible to prepare traps for them (like bringing them to SCP-173 or bring 106 to them)
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Yeah, but no matter how much training you have it doesn't make you not able to die. You still blink, you still can get caught by 106, and you can still see 096's face. Though they wouldn't be wiped out in 2 seconds but, they can still die.

Spiffycat wrote:But it would not be cannon for the MTF to die, right? They are trained professinals and will go around everything to recontain all SCPs.
Alot of the foundation tales and general SCP reports end with the deaths of MTF and agents or even complete destruction of a whole MTF team

Dr. Geist wrote:
Spiffycat wrote:But it would not be cannon for the MTF to die, right? They are trained professinals and will go around everything to recontain all SCPs.
Alot of the foundation tales and general SCP reports end with the deaths of MTF and agents or even complete destruction of a whole MTF team
And the game's MTF isn't even official.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

MTF units are not above death, as mentioned it is not uncommon for many members of a MTF unit to be killed. Take SCP-096 for example, during an "incident" almost every member of a MTF unit was killed by it.

This does not mean we need to kill off the MTF in the game, but since we have nine members, excluding other Guard/Soldier/MTF forces on site, we can afford to toy around with some of the teams members.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.