Re: MTF DISCUSSION

ColePatrolGaming wrote:I pretty much freaking hate the m.t.f.s. I see how the foundation is a jail in all but it is unnecessary to program a bunch of retards in the game just to kill you right before the game ends. They really made me hate SCP containment breach just because of them, and I barely ever play it nowadays.
...You really need to go check the SCP site, then go and reevaluate your statement.

When you're done, you can correct yourself.

ColePatrolGaming wrote:I pretty much freaking hate the m.t.f.s. I see how the foundation is a jail in all but it is unnecessary to program a bunch of retards in the game just to kill you right before the game ends. They really made me hate SCP containment breach just because of them, and I barely ever play it nowadays.

You really need to read up on this, as Lt. Vasquez stated.
I don't know if it goes here or in the 173 discussion, but even when the MTF are looking at 173, it still moves. And they still shoot you. This is wrong.
Yeah that's quite wrong indeed. But I'm pretty sure you noticed that the whole "Re-containing 173" ordeal is very VERY buggy.
The cage would suddenly float through the ceiling, or move through nearby rooms without the MTF to guide it.
And trust me, entering a room just to see 173 float right by you in its lonely cage is creepy as all hell.

But seeing as the MTF are being worked on already I'll just have to sit down and wait until they finally have a new AI. The day they react properly to each SCP within their perimeter will be heavenly.
Although I'd imagine re-containing certain SCPs would be difficult. Even for the MTF.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:Yeah that's quite wrong indeed. But I'm pretty sure you noticed that the whole "Re-containing 173" ordeal is very VERY buggy.
The cage would suddenly float through the ceiling, or move through nearby rooms without the MTF to guide it.
And trust me, entering a room just to see 173 float right by you in its lonely cage is creepy as all hell.
That reminds me of yesterday when the MTFs contained The Sculpture for me. They had to go down the stairs into one of the large server rooms variants to acquire it. They got it into a cage, but then the MTF walking with it was stuck on the staircase. What made it much funnier was that the cage containing The Sculpture was spinning around all the time.

Oh yeah, something I noticed last night but couldn't replicate, was that the MTFs were capable of opening Dr. Maynard's door, despite it needing a keycode. I'm assuming they can also open Dr. Harp's door and Dr. L's.

Considering that, I wonder if they'd be able to open Dr. Gear's door. I mean yes, there's literally nothing on the other side, but if they were to chase a noclipping player through there, would they actually open the door itself?

I think we all know the answer: MAAAAYYYYBEEEEE!
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Honestly, MTF's detection and pathfinding systems are the most sub-par. They can walk down corridors just fine, if there's no obstacles directly between both doors. Their detection though...earlier, one was walking towards me and I had nowhere to hide, so I crouched right by the door in plain sight...he walked right past me. I was 10 centimetres away from him and in plain sight, and he walked right past me. Could be because I was crouched?
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Yeah, during v0.8 I think it was I played around with the MTFs with wireframe on. It seems that they're not too bad at navigating areas. For example, an MTF on the bridge saw me in the server room, so I went through the server maze and into the end room located at the other entrance, I watched the MTF. He perfectly managed the maze and found me. Their detection skills are either really bad though, I've seen an MTF run past me as well without batting a lash. I do think they're improving though, they have been for some time now, and I think they'll eventually get it right.
It slep time bunner.

SCP-Sean wrote:Can I just say that the MTFs don't really have much personality, they are kinda just 'DURH WUHT I DOIHN MUH JUB'
When we have the proper mods that can add MTF units who can do actions such as move their heads, jaws, and hands in motions that aren't just automatic, then we can add personality. In the meantime, we have what we have.

Oh, and hi, Omniary! Long time, no see, eh?

Heya! Welcome back dude.

As for the MTF not really having a personality, I can kind of see what you mean. Right now they're kinda the generic, cold and calculating sounding military officers (with the exception of a few of the newer lines). What I was thinking was that perhaps a different voice could be assigned to one of the 3 different MTF units, so 1) They don't all sound identical, 2) The lines and their voices remain consistent and 3) To add more personality to each of them. But I don't think the VA's should overdo their voices, otherwise they might sound like the HECU from Black Mesa.
It slep time bunner.