Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION

I've actually got an idea:

SCP-106 should be able to randomly grab the player from the floor without spawning and make them trip, drop their head and fall unconscious, at which point, he spawns and takes them into the pocket dimension.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think SCP-106 should break doors it touches. It makes no sense that he corrodes everything he touches, walks through a bunch of electronics and there isn't even a scratch.(broken doors have a 1/4 chance of breaking shut, 3/4 of breaking open)
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cpbald wrote:I think SCP-106 should break doors it touches. It makes no sense that he corrodes everything he touches, walks through a bunch of electronics and there isn't even a scratch.(broken doors have a 1/4 chance of breaking shut, 3/4 of breaking open)
SCP-106 is able to phase through solid matter and corrodes everything it touches. It would make an interesting effect though if corroded doors had a chance of breaking, but I believe the door mesh would have to be splitted into smaller meshes (pieces of the door), and I don't know how far Blitz3D can handle that.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:SCP-106 is able to phase through solid matter and corrodes everything it touches. It would make an interesting effect though if corroded doors had a chance of breaking, but I believe the door mesh would have to be splitted into smaller meshes (pieces of the door), and I don't know how far Blitz3D can handle that.
Or you could just replace the mesh with either smaller pieces or an animated model. No point introducing a complex system when a simpler solution exists.
M-x dingus-mode

D-9999 wrote:
SCP-500 wrote:How about some more jump scares in the pocket dimension?.

For example

-You walk through a corridor and a corroded body drops and dangles from a string in front of you.
-Illusions of 106 or maybe other SCP's as 106's way of messing with you.
-a torture room that the player is sent too if he follows the wrong path too many times, maybe a scripted event where 106 tortures the player.

Also what about a room based on a mobius strip, or one of those optical illusion pictures, where going down leads up and stuff like that.
Jumpscares? Eh, no. Jumpscares ruin the horror experience, and you get used to them after the first or second time. I can understand this:
-Illusions of 106 or maybe other SCP's as 106's way of messing with you.
and perhaps
-a torture room that the player is sent too if he follows the wrong path too many times, maybe a scripted event where 106 tortures the player.
because that makes sense. But those do not count as jumpscares. The only one I'm kinda "NO!" about is this:
-You walk through a corridor and a corroded body drops and dangles from a string in front of you.
It's my opinion, and SCP: CB is fine as it is without jumpscares and pop-ups that some other horror games do, and they do nothing but annoy the player. I agree with 2/3 of that list, but the first one, "NO!" is what I say. We already have enough heart attack moments with :106: and jumpscares will distract from it. :roll:
I actually like all of those suggestions, even the jumpscares. Personally, I think jumpscares that are fitting are fine. In this case, corroded bodies in the PD make sense, so I would personally be okay with them being there. I actually don't like the pop-ups of Larry's face in the PD. Not sure if they're still around or not, but I'd rather them be gone while adding in corroded bodies falling/otherwise appearing in front of you, while also keeping the occasional jumpscare of Larry darting through the hallway right in front of you. Actually is that still around as well? I haven't really been in the PD much lately. I try to avoid it like the plague because I'm too afraid of it.

Also, personally I think it adds to Larry's sadism, as I would honestly expect someone like that to drop dead bodies in front of the player like "hey, this is what you're gonna end up like huehuehue <3". He already does it in the "real" world with a scientist that's dropped from the ceiling in a T-shaped room (tbf though I believe that might have been added to a version after the posts I quoted were posted. I don't keep up with when new versions come out too terribly much).

---

On other notes, I agree with the many posts that have already said they want Rad Larry to leave a trail of ick when he walks, just like the Gate A ending. I also support doors breaking or at least otherwise getting corrosion effects when he walks through them, same with walls.

Anything else that adds a sadistic touch is nice. I like the idea of something more sadistic for when he actually attacks you, but the few posts I've seen with a certain "scene" in mind haven't really sparked as much interest. They seemed either a bit bland or too specific or...something? I like the idea of having something simple, but the only really simple one (that I actually kind of liked but wanted a little more out of) was too simple. I believe it was where he lifted the player up and tilted his head? Would be nice if he smiled (more) at them. Maybe that would add just enough to the scene. I'm not sure if him smiling at the player was mentioned in that post or not, but imo it would be nice.