SCP-106 DISCUSSION

A sub forum to discuss ingame SCP's and other entity's, and how they should function.
guysensei1
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION

Postby guysensei1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Also, on an unrelated note, have you heard the sound for when MTF see 106? It's sounds too unemotional, as for a normal person, fleeing in fear was the way, and speaking in MS Sam and walking away in a casual manner was normal for MTF.

Yeah, they speak like the flesh dissolving pedo dude isn't a flesh dissolving pedo dude. "Meh, just another thing out of 1000+ things in this facility than can kill me."

But what is still missing is still the black slime that should spread every time he goes through walls, but only in scripted events this occurs. So this should be added.
Also, there have been numerous suggestions about 106 making contact with you in some way, but does 106 even have control about what corrodes and what doesn't?

Omniary

Postby Omniary » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 pm

guysensei1 wrote: "Meh, just another thing out of 1000+ things in this facility than can kill me."

That's probably very much how they feel toward any other SCP in this facility if they were trained well enough. My imagining of the MTF would be very objective driven, emotionless and cruel. If these guys are the best of the best, I wouldn't really anticipate them saying something that would fit the Black Mesa Source HECU better.

That said, they could use some new lines.
Souda
Kuriimu souda
Nomitai na
gIVe me your rare kumikos this is a robbery!!

Gorebazzle
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Postby Gorebazzle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 am

I can't imagine an armed professional panicking at the sight of something they were trained to handle. I think their line delivery is okay.

I do agree that the troll pillar bridge should be removed entirely, it's to be frank, just unfair to new players.

I find the bridge portion of the PD to be more annoying than anything else. The character moves so damn slowly that even when I try to time my movements, I still get squashed.

Nightmare Tank
MTF

Postby Nightmare Tank » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 am

Gorebazzle wrote:
I do agree that the troll pillar bridge should be removed entirely, it's to be frank, just unfair to new players.

I find the bridge portion of the PD to be more annoying than anything else. The character moves so damn slowly that even when I try to time my movements, I still get squashed.

I seem to manage it OK. I crossed that bridge like 6 times in one visit before The Old Man gave up. Usually I make sure my health is good, by using First-Aid Kits or SCP-500-01, if I have it. This cures up all ailments that may otherwise slow down my speed. Might be a good idea to consider using those before attempting that portion, should you get put in front of it.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

The Plague Docter
Technician

Postby The Plague Docter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:36 pm

I for one Think that The guards should react to 106 as they do 173. And they shoot at it and can either fail And Die but their corroded Bodies still lie there, or they can Injure bad enough For it to retreat to its PD.

That Same Anon
Senior Staff
Location: Hiding in Evacuation Shelter LC-2, Traumatized by 1499

Postby That Same Anon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:59 pm

The Plague Docter wrote: or they can Injure bad enough For it to retreat to its PD.

106 Is invulnerable, And only RETREATS from HEAVY AMOUNTS of LIGHT. Such as the HID Turret.

Bullets would just corrode.
if you look at my messages in chronological order you can see me as i slowly and unsurely mature from a dweeb to a dummy

Nightmare Tank
MTF

Postby Nightmare Tank » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm

That Same Anon wrote:Bullets would just corrode.

Pretty much; the bullet casing is made of a type of metal.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Ltn Vasquez
MTF

Postby Ltn Vasquez » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:29 am

On the notion of new lines for MTF, let's move this to the MTF Discussion, shall we?

PepperSprite
Class-D

Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION - New Mechanic.

Postby PepperSprite » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:03 am

I reckon there should be an extra mechanic to SCP 106 which is the following:

Where ever he has spawned/been i think there should be a high chance that he could be spotted wandering around the area he spawned in or chased you in. This ofcourse would be ruined by the musical warning you get when hes chasing you unless he actually started chasing you so i think there could be 'VISUAL' warnings around the places he has been wandering like smudges/cracks on the walls and floors so you know hes been wandering nearby or along your path. And for extra surprise, you could have him appear face to face with the player on the other side of a door the player just opened. This would be a tad unfair without any sort of warning so I think there should be a smoggy or decayed effect around the door to alarm the player 106 is there.

I think this would be an interesting addition to SCP: Containment Breach, thanks for reading this :)

PepperSprite

That Same Anon
Senior Staff
Location: Hiding in Evacuation Shelter LC-2, Traumatized by 1499

Postby That Same Anon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Nightmare Tank wrote:
That Same Anon wrote:Bullets would just corrode.

Pretty much; the bullet casing is made of a type of metal.

106 corrodes ALL solid matter.
if you look at my messages in chronological order you can see me as i slowly and unsurely mature from a dweeb to a dummy

Return to “Ingame Entity Discussion”