SCP-106 DISCUSSION

A sub forum to discuss ingame SCP's and other entity's, and how they should function.
Serimah
Senior Staff

Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION

Postby Serimah » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:25 am

Well, given the fact that even the MTF know they should leg it when they see 106 outside of containment I think it's pretty clear that shooting him with anything except that allmighty Lightgun would do nothing.
And even then he's not hurt by it. He simply does not like it.

But to the other post. I'd love for Larry to play a more active part in the facility but I also dread it. (Because I'm too stupid to find my way out of his PD. I just can't get past those flying blocks of stone.)
Him corroding doors, possibly even wandering around certain parts of the facility.
Given the fact that Larry is now given additional backstory since 0.8 i think it should go without saying that he perhaps needs another additional cutscene?
Like, him dragging other Class-D, Scientists or Guards off? Larry is a sadistic SOB, it needs to show more ingame. Not just on paper.

The Plague Docter
Technician

Postby The Plague Docter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Well who says The MTF cant be carrying a light gun? :106:

Theimperfectbeing
MTF

Postby Theimperfectbeing » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:40 am

The Plague Docter wrote:Well who says The MTF can't be carrying a light gun? :106:

The "light guns" are essentially giant turrets mounted to Gate A that shoot giant beams of light. (In other words, there needs to be a lot of powerful, sudden light, like the electricity the Tesla gates spawn.)
eric

The Plague Docter
Technician

Postby The Plague Docter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Well, I guess it would be a bit pathetic if what they called a "light gun" Was a laser pointer, And actually scared him.

Bartoloxxd
Class-D

Postby Bartoloxxd » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 am

Suggestion:

If SCP-106 is close to a MTF more than the player, SCP-106 will take the MTF to his Pocket Dimension, so, the MTF dies and you get rid from 106 for awhile.

Another suggestion:

You can pick up weapons from dead guards/MTFs (like the one in the SCP-079 chamber) or the dead MTFs that should appear after 106 stops "playing" with them if the previous suggestion is approved.

Theimperfectbeing
MTF

Postby Theimperfectbeing » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:43 am

Bartoloxxd wrote:Another suggestion:

You can pick up weapons from dead guards/MTFs (like the one in the SCP-079 chamber) or the dead MTFs that should appear after 106 stops "playing" with them if the previous suggestion is approved.

It has been said a million times that THERE WILL BE NO WEAPONS FOR THE PLAYER.
eric

BJFowLer
Operative

Postby BJFowLer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Yeah let's not bring up the whole weapon debate again. Back on topic, I think Larry needs much more build up to him ---The body dropping from the roof is a great start--- I agree with the suggestion of him leaving corroded objects and doors around where he's been.

Jurassic
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Postby Jurassic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:09 pm

I think SCP-106's Pocket Dimension is a little too easy to escape from in my opinion. I also find that I don't see SCP-106 that often in the Pocket Dimension. It doesn't really feel like he is hunting me down. I think something that should be added is that when you go down halls, you should see SCP-106's glowing eyes as you look down the halls. I think this would add more of a scary effect, and make it seem like SCP-106 is really hunting you down.

I also think that sometimes SCP-106 should walk through walls right in front of you as you walk down the halls. This would add a nice jump scare in my opinion. I think one more thing that could be added to the Pocket Dimension is more traps. Seems the only traps are those pillars that just slide across your screen. Those pillars can be easily avoided if you just wait for one to pass by, and then continue walking forward.

I also think to add a little more of a scary effect to the Pocket Dimension is when you look behind you, you should occasionally see SCP-106 slowly stalking you. Well these are the ideas I have to make the Pocket Dimension more scary and harder to escape from. All feedback is welcome :D
We need our SCP Dinosaur. It's gotta happen sometime soon....

RaptorCyclone
Guard
Location: Some small town in Indiana that nobody cares about.

Postby RaptorCyclone » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm

I think that there should be an addition to the pocket dimension where an npc with the 106victim texture is floating closer to the player, but does nothing when touched. It could be a way to creep the player out.
I'm evil?

seaal
Guard

Postby seaal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:04 am

Bartoloxxd wrote:If SCP-106 is close to a MTF more than the player, SCP-106 will take the MTF to his Pocket Dimension, so, the MTF dies and you get rid from 106 for awhile.

The MTF unit is Nine Tailed Fox. It's not just some ordinary one. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to kill them off.
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

Return to “Ingame Entity Discussion”