SCP-096 DISCUSSION

SCP-096

SCP-096 is a Euclid-class SCP object. It is a tall and emaciated pale humanoid. When someone views SCP-096's face, even indirectly, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress for 20 seconds. When it exits this stage, it will begin chasing that person at great speed with the intent of killing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGAME

096 is a minor hostile SCP that is present ingame, currently it is solely found in its (Badly made) containment chamber sitting in the center of the room. It will remain in this state indefinitely unless the player looks directly at its face. Upon doing this 096 will start to react in a highly emotional state, shaking violently for about 20 seconds, after this it will start to pursue the player at a great speed (Almost as fast as a sprint) until it kills the player. Once viewed there is no way to stop 096 and it will continue to pursue the player until the player is killed, it is able to rip open every and any door on the site in its pursuit, even doors not normally meant to be opened. Tesla Gates will not stop 096 but will stun it for a few moments before restarting its pursuit.

==V0.7==

SCP-096's only change in this new patch is a new location to find it in, where it is standing upright already when a Guard looks at it. SCP-096 proceeds to enter a Panic state where it will attack the Guard, who attempts to return fire. After this SCP-096 patrols the room at a walking pace.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Re: SCP-096 DISCUSSION

I'd like to add that 096 probably isn't in his containment chamber as of 0.6. I like to believe it's just another room that he wandered into and butchered up a half dozen people. There's no SCP-096 warning labels or anything. I do think his chamber and more spawn points should be added in later on the game.
It slep time bunner.

I agree with omniary, if it was his chamber, then there would be no doors or cameras.

I also believe 096 should be more destructive since that is one of the strong points of the SCP. It would be cool if he could also destroy walls, it would be a good way to get past many places, but not everyone would take that chance for obvious reasons.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I think an earlier suggestion was to have 096's chamber doors ripped off and mutilated bodies strewn nearby 096. To show that during the breach a bunch of people took an accidental glance at it.

I was thinking that 096's chamber should consist of two areas, the actual squad containment area and a study area surrounding it, so the dead bodies can be found outside near destroyed equipment.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:I think an earlier suggestion was to have 096's chamber doors ripped off and mutilated bodies strewn nearby 096. To show that during the breach a bunch of people took an accidental glance at it.

I was thinking that 096's chamber should consist of two areas, the actual squad containment area and a study area surrounding it, so the dead bodies can be found outside near destroyed equipment.
Yeah, if I recall, that might've been an idea I coined, if so, for the study area, I think it'd be a bit devious to make it look very similar to that of a standard 2-Level lowered office at first glance, so the player will continue on, unaware that they're in a not-so-randomly generated string of rooms that 096 will patrol.

And I don't believe there'd be bodies left over, since it's mentioned whatever 096 does to [REDACTED] a person, it leaves behind no remains. Perhaps a pool of blood and a lab coat.
It slep time bunner.

I really think he should wander around like it talks about in his containment notes. Also, in a past thread (http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... =20#p23334) I suggested this room and someone thought it would be cool to have him sitting in there and possibly have 860 spawn there and have 096 stand up the moment you pick 860 up to wander around again.

I expect massive jumpscares.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Motivator

God is Love
(Look me up on Soundcloud! ^-^ https://soundcloud.com/officialconduit )

(copied from my thread which was locked.)

This is a suggestion about SCP-096.

I have suggested the first part before, but people denied it because they thought it was inevitable to get caught by SCP-096 after viewing his face before beating the game. But I believe it is possible.

I think that, there should be an endgame achievement checking whether you've viewed SCP-096's face or not at the ending screen. If you have viewed his face and escaped the facility, however, I believe you should be able to view a sequence after the game. It displays you in the aftermath of escaping the facility. After a bit of walking, you see something running towards you very quickly in the distance. That is SCP-096. You try to run away as fast as you can but inevitably he catches you. Then the sequence ends.

Opinions pls?