SCP-372 DISCUSSION

A sub forum to discuss ingame SCP's and other entity's, and how they should function.
User avatar
Steelpoint
Administrator
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: Australia

SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby Steelpoint » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:48 pm

SCP-372

SCP-372 is a Euclid class SCP entity. Can occasionally be glimpsed at the edge of your vision, but does no harm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGAME

372 is a minor non hostile SCP represented ingame. It is a creature of an unknown genus that serves more of an annoyance or jump scare at worst. It can briefly appear at the edges of the players vision at random intervals only when the player has entered its containment chamber, upon hearing a chittering sound SCP-372 will have started to follow the player.

It cannot be evaded or shaken off once it has started to follow the player, fortuantly it will not attack or harm the player.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

whathopercy
Operative
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby whathopercy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Shouldn't 372 occasionally injure the player?

In the article, it says that one of the D-Class was injured and something of his got ripped off. Maybe this could occasionally happen, giving the medical kit a new usage.

User avatar
Juicy
Senior Staff
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: Spain

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby Juicy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm

whathopercy wrote:Shouldn't 372 occasionally injure the player?

In the article, it says that one of the D-Class was injured and something of his got ripped off. Maybe this could occasionally happen, giving the medical kit a new usage.


I think that it happened because there were too many people trying to look at it
Don't put the gas away yet...

User avatar
Omniary
Moderator
Posts: 2005
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:43 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby Omniary » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Juicy wrote:
whathopercy wrote:Shouldn't 372 occasionally injure the player?

In the article, it says that one of the D-Class was injured and something of his got ripped off. Maybe this could occasionally happen, giving the medical kit a new usage.


I think that it happened because there were too many people trying to look at it

Yeah, it was heavily implied 372 took out his eye. 372 isn't naturally aggressive, only when its presence is compromised by too many viewers.
Souda
Kuriimu souda
Nomitai na
gIVe me your rare kumikos this is a robbery!!

whathopercy
Operative
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby whathopercy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am

Ah... I never thought of that.

Well, in that case, what else should 372 be able to do?

Although asking that question is kind of... contradictory, since 372 exists only to create anxiety in the player.

Still.

++Focus++
Guard
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby ++Focus++ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:05 am

Ok, so what if SCP-372, The player and 3 MTF's are in the same room? I mean, they would also see it? 372 could attack the MTF's.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

User avatar
AppleFace
Guard
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm
Location: Belpre, OH

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby AppleFace » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 am

Juicy wrote:
whathopercy wrote:Shouldn't 372 occasionally injure the player?

In the article, it says that one of the D-Class was injured and something of his got ripped off. Maybe this could occasionally happen, giving the medical kit a new usage.


I think that it happened because there were too many people trying to look at it


They had class-D in all four corners, meaning two of the four could see him at all times without giving it a chance to evade. I don't think it likes that :p
Your Friendly Neighborhood Motivator

God is Love
(Look me up on Soundcloud! ^-^ https://soundcloud.com/officialconduit )

User avatar
Destructoid
Senior Staff
Posts: 2394
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby Destructoid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 pm

If you put in in a clear glass box, and suspend it in front of a bunch of people I think you could see it.
Image
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

User avatar
AppleFace
Guard
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm
Location: Belpre, OH

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby AppleFace » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Destructoid wrote:If you put in in a clear glass box, and suspend it in front of a bunch of people I think you could see it.


It can also move in between the time it takes your eyes to process its surroundings :3 its [REDACTED] organs allow it sense people's brainwaves.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Motivator

God is Love
(Look me up on Soundcloud! ^-^ https://soundcloud.com/officialconduit )

spartan322
Senior Staff
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Raiding your bacon supplies

Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Postby spartan322 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

whathopercy wrote:Ah... I never thought of that.

Well, in that case, what else should 372 be able to do?

Although asking that question is kind of... contradictory, since 372 exists only to create anxiety in the player.

Still.

Yeah, if it were in real life, it would be scary, because you don't know what it might do. However, in the game, we know that it does nothing, so for players that have been playing the game for a while, 372 will be only a minor annoyance.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-


Return to “Ingame Entity Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest