Re: SCP-372 DISCUSSION

Kenneth crooker wrote:Here's a neat idea. SCP-372 should make shrieking/hissing sound when seen. This would give the player a bigger jolt when SCP-372 is sighted.
I don't think that's in the canon.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Here's something else I'd like to say about SCP-372. I agree with Omniary's "Leg overlay" idea, but, I think the leg overlays should be implemented and for the 372 model to stay at the same time. The overlays or the model should appear randomly when the player blinks.

For example, think of a class-D sitting in SCP-372's chamber, bored to death, trying to figure out how to open a bottle of ramune(a soda that you open by dislodging a marble). He blinks, then he sees 372 in the upper left corner of his eye, dancing to the song "Get down", and disappearing after 4 seconds. The D shrugs it off and continues attempting to open the bottle of ramune in his hands. He tries to shake the bottle, causing gas to build up in the bottle, and for the marble to dislodge itself, and hit the class-D in the face, giving him a black eye. He then closes his eyes, covers his face and starts dropping F-bombs across the entire room in pain. He then opens his eyes, and sees SCP-372's legs wriggling around in front of his face. He literally s**ts himself, and runs out of the room, screaming like a little girl. Sadly, he forgot to bring his ramune.

That's pretty much it.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Kenneth crooker wrote:Here's some neat ideas.

-SCP-372 should make shrieking/hissing sound when seen. This would give the player a bigger jolt when SCP-372 is sighted.
Agreed, 372 usually is silent when it appears, I do think the *cough* ahem, rustle.ogg files should be heard more when you see 372.

Kenneth crooker wrote:
Spoiler
For example, think of a class-D sitting in SCP-372's chamber, bored to death, trying to figure out how to open a bottle of ramune(a soda that you open by dislodging a marble). He blinks, then he sees 372 in the upper left corner of his eye, dancing to the song "Get down", and disappearing after 4 seconds. The D shrugs it off and continues attempting to open the bottle of ramune in his hands. He tries to shake the bottle, causing gas to build up in the bottle, and for the marble to dislodge itself, and hit the class-D in the face, giving him a black eye. He then closes his eyes, covers his face and starts dropping F-bombs across the entire room in pain. He then opens his eyes, and sees SCP-372's legs wriggling around in front of his face. He literally s**ts himself, and runs out of the room, screaming like a little girl. Sadly, he forgot to bring his ramune.

That's pretty much it.
Shame about the ramune. I usually can get the marble without any civilian casualties. :T
It slep time bunner.

Solluu wrote:If 372 isn't implemented as an NPC (which it really should be), it should at least
be a series of scripted events...
Anyone agree with me here?
Ugh, 372 wouldn't work as a scripted event. At all. 372 works better as a background object. What I mean is, it is there all the time, but it doesn't interfere with you. It is supposed to just creep you a bit.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
Solluu wrote:If 372 isn't implemented as an NPC (which it really should be), it should at least
be a series of scripted events...
Anyone agree with me here?
Ugh, 372 wouldn't work as a scripted event. At all. 372 works better as a background object. What I mean is, it is there all the time, but it doesn't interfere with you. It is supposed to just creep you a bit.
Ah, fair enough.

What if you put a glowing orb on the model, like an angler fish,
The author of SCP-372, known as Sylocat, once commented about the sensory organ that was redacted from the original article.
The "yellow orb" that SCP-372 possesses is supposed to pick on auditory and visual information in a way similar to echolocation.
Spoiler
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!
[youtube]pTZYW_mEKr8[/youtube]

Dr.Williams wrote:What if you put a glowing orb on the model, like an angler fish,
The author of SCP-372, known as Sylocat, once commented about the sensory organ that was redacted from the original article.
The "yellow orb" that SCP-372 possesses is supposed to pick on auditory and visual information in a way similar to echolocation.
I agree, a glowing orb or such would be great to have, but think about it...... You can't really see the model. It's all squiglly-distorsioned-version of-372. A spaghetii monster. And you barely see it. For 1 sec. So, I think a glowing orb would only add to the confusion when new players see it. Imagine seeing his distorsioned model with a random glowing orb in the middle. Just doesn't fit.
SAY HELLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!!!
RATATATATATATATATATA....

kingjulien22 wrote: I agree, a glowing orb or such would be great to have, but think about it...... You can't really see the model. It's all squiglly-distorsioned-version of-372. A spaghetii monster. And you barely see it. For 1 sec. So, I think a glowing orb would only add to the confusion when new players see it. Imagine seeing his distorsioned model with a random glowing orb in the middle. Just doesn't fit.
Well 372 really is already confusing looking.

[youtube]HewmI1sjcp4[/youtube]
Also I was wrong it doesn't glow. But it would be cool if it did.
Spoiler
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!
[youtube]pTZYW_mEKr8[/youtube]