SCP-049 DISCUSSION

A sub forum to discuss ingame SCP's and other entity's, and how they should function.
Steelpoint
Administrator

SCP-049 DISCUSSION

Postby Steelpoint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 am

SCP-049 is humanoid in appearance, however the foundation is unable to study it's face and body due to it wearing a plague doctor garb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGAME

SCP-049 is a hostile entity that will attempt to "cure" the player of a nondescript plague, it is encountered as of Version 0.7.2 inside the maintenance tunnels along side several instances of SCP-049-2 which are reanimated remains of former Foundation personal. Initially upon entering the tunnel area SCP-049 is held it will be hidden from sight in a maintiance closet and the SCP-049-2 instances will playing dead until the player enters the fartherst corner of a containment cell, upon this happeneing SCP-049 will emerge to intercept the player and the 049-2 instances will reanimate and attempt to attack the player. The touch of SCP-049 is fatal however the SCP-049-2 instances attacks are not an instant kill attack, instead they will wound the player and slow them down allowing for either more instances to attack the player or allow SCP-049 the chance to intercept the player.

If the player is in near proximity to SCP-049 it will communicate with the player, typically remarking on it wanting to cure the player.

If the player is touched by SCP-049 the player does not die yet, instead the player will regain consciousness as a SCP-049-2 instance attempting to attack an MTF soldier, the soldier will identify the player and terminate him.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Omniary

Re: SCP-049 DISCUSSION

Postby Omniary » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:29 am

Great! I'd love to start up some discussion on this guy, he's great, he really is. I hope he's given some more exposure later on in the game.

As for my only complaints with him so far, his face specifically isn't as 'sinister' as his articles image, I think the 'beak' could use some curving and some adjustments to the eyes as well. I really hope 049 is given a larger role later on.
Darn. A perfectly good brain, wasted.
gIVe me your rare kumikos this is a robbery!!

SCP 513
Senior Staff

Postby SCP 513 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:12 am

Omniary wrote:Great! I'd love to start up some discussion on this guy, he's great, he really is. I hope he's given some more exposure later on in the game.

As for my only complaints with him so far, his face specifically isn't as 'sinister' as his articles image, I think the 'beak' could use some curving and some adjustments to the eyes as well. I really hope 049 is given a larger role later on.

Well... 049 needs an improved and revamped model for next upcoming version v0.7.1

And I recognized the voice acting on 049... It's TheVolgun's. I liked his voice. Maybe he could help with other new upcoming talking SCPs in future versions.

Steelpoint
Administrator

Postby Steelpoint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:08 pm

I am in agreement with Omniary, I really love the implementation of SCP-049 currently.

I really do like it when he captures the player and converts him, then moving the perspective to the player (Now a zombie like creature) attempting to kill an MTF, who proceeds to shoot and kill the now zombified player.

I do have some personal ideas on how to enhance SCP-049, in no particular order.

1. Have a percent chance of the player being infected with the "pestilence". SCP-049 has been shown to not attack people that do not have this aliment, so if the player is not infected SCP-049 will ignore the player, or even engage in conversation. Though SCP-049-2 won't be as friendly.

2. Have SCP-049 be a roaming SCP of sorts, essentially after it is discovered SCP-049 will move about the site at it own pace for a short period before retreating back to its own territory.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

garbo
Operative
Location: Spencer Mansion, under the well, at the SECRET laboratories

Postby garbo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Well, 049 it's now the second scariest SCP in CB (for me. 1st is 096)
Now we have to make 049 less avoidable. There should be a reason for entering his chamber (like 096, SPOILER!: you now have to enter the room where he is and move some switches). Maybe there you can get scp 860?
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Juicy
Senior Staff

Postby Juicy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm

garbo wrote:Well, 049 it's now the second scariest SCP in CB (for me. 1st is 096)
Now we have to make 049 less avoidable. There should be a reason for entering his chamber (like 096, SPOILER!: you now have to enter the room where he is and move some switches). Maybe there you can get scp 860?

That's a good idea
Don't put the gas away yet...

That Same Anon
Senior Staff
Location: Hiding in Evacuation Shelter LC-2, Traumatized by 1499

Postby That Same Anon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Steelpoint wrote:1. Have a percent chance of the player being infected with the "pestilence". SCP-049 has been shown to not attack people that do not have this aliment, so if the player is not infected SCP-049 will ignore the player, or even engage in conversation.

link? and plus, i thought all humans had the "pestilence".

Steelpoint wrote:049-2 won't be as friendly though.

if you didn't have the pestilence, why would he need to rise his army of zombles?
if you look at my messages in chronological order you can see me as i slowly and unsurely mature from a dweeb to a dummy

Steelpoint
Administrator

Postby Steelpoint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

On SCP-049's article SCP-049 himself states that he is out to cure the world of the pestilence, he states that he is satisfied that a Doctor he is talking to does not contain a trace of the pestilence.

-----
Dr. ████: “Y…eah. You see, I'd thought you incapable of speech. I’m somewhat startled you, um, can.”
SCP-049: “Oh, my, yes, good sir. I simply prefer not to. Most victims of the disease are quite melancholy and do not react at all well to conversation. I have seen you several times now, and have not detected the disease in you, therefore I assume you are also a doctor?”
Dr. ████: “Yes, actually. Call me [REDACTED]… but, what ‘disease’ are you talking about?”
SCP-049: “Why, good doctor, the Great Pestilence. What else?”
-----

Juicy
Senior Staff

Postby Juicy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Steelpoint wrote:1. Have a percent chance of the player being infected with the "pestilence". SCP-049 has been shown to not attack people that do not have this aliment, so if the player is not infected SCP-049 will ignore the player, or even engage in conversation. Though SCP-049-2 won't be as friendly.

SCP-049’s touch is invariably lethal to humans. After contact with SCP-049’s hand(s), the victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments. SCP-049 will then attempt to kill all humans it can see in a similar manner, supposedly to avoid interruption, before returning to SCP-049-2.
Don't put the gas away yet...

Steelpoint
Administrator

Postby Steelpoint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Juicy wrote:SCP-049’s touch is invariably lethal to humans. After contact with SCP-049’s hand(s), the victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments. SCP-049 will then attempt to kill all humans it can see in a similar manner, supposedly to avoid interruption, before returning to SCP-049-2.

One interpretation is that SCP-049 was doing something in the room he came from but started to pursue the player to keep him away.

However I am more inclined to think that SCP-049 was doing nothing in particular at the moment when the player enters the containment chamber, but when he came close SCP-049 sensed the player and him being infected and started to pursue him.

Also must I again stress this below interview.
SCP-049: “What is this place?”
Dr. ████: “What? It’s a labo…” [There is a loud crash here, from Doctor ████ dropping the recording device in shock.]
SCP-049: “A laboratory? It is quite marvelous. I now find it no wonder I’ve seen so few victims of the disease in here.”
Dr. ████: “Y…eah. You see, I'd thought you incapable of speech. I’m somewhat startled you, um, can.”
SCP-049: “Oh, my, yes, good sir. I simply prefer not to. Most victims of the disease are quite melancholy and do not react at all well to conversation. I have seen you several times now, and have not detected the disease in you, therefore I assume you are also a doctor?”
Dr. ████: “Yes, actually. Call me [REDACTED]… but, what ‘disease’ are you talking about?”
SCP-049: “Why, good doctor, the Great Pestilence. What else?”
Dr. ████: “Great pesti… Oh, the Plague. Should have seen that coming. But, no one here is infected, I can assure you.”
SCP-049: “Oh, good doctor, I can assure you, the Pestilence is here, and I can sense it. It is my duty in life to rid the world of it. My cure is most effective.”
Dr. ████: “Your cure? Your cure has cost us hundreds of lives! Your cure is faulty!
SCP-049: “Good doctor, my cure is most effective.”

If SCP-049 was always hostile then this interview would have been impossible.

Return to “Ingame Entity Discussion”