SCP-008 DISCUSSION

SCP-008 is a Euclid class SCP Object. It is a complex prion that effectively turns humans into zombie-like creatures.

|IN-GAME|
SCP-008 can be found in it's containment chamber. when you get close to the container, it will open and a glass window will shatter, and, if you're not wearing the Hazmat suit, will cut your arm and infect you. Once fully infected, a cut-scene plays in which you ingest a scientist and die shortly afterwards. SCP-008 can be cured using SCP-500-1.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Re: SCP-008 DISCUSSION

Okay here is my question for this SCP. Why would anyone even WANT to go in it's containment area? I mean its a virus and I can't possibly see any need to be there. I think the main issue with SCP 008 for me is that it just sits there waiting to be stumbled upon. I like the idea but...why is it there? Again, I suggest that it could be used in conjunction with SCP 049. You get infected by 008, 049 takes notice and starts hunting the player down to 'cure them'.

But the problem is that 049 does not hunt down those infected with 008. If that was true, his past 80 victims were all infectees and we should be praising him as a war hero.

Except there's another problem with that, seeing as how his "Cure" is basically turning people INTO a zombie.

But anyway, all discussion is moot until the part where the door can't be opened legitly is fixed.

I noticed this thread has not been used in a while, but hopefully someone notices.

Concerning SCP-008, the chamber lacks any way of entrance. While you would not want to enter anyways, There probably should be some way to enter, so I came with this idea:

-SCP-008's chamber is supposed to remain closed, however there must be a means to enter.

-A button and keycard are not very smart since any person in the foundation can access it should they find the correct key card. ----

-Rather, use SCP-914's access. When someone uses a key on the machine and turns, it activates the machine.

-I'm saying this because SCP-008 is lethal, so maybe only a few members of the foundation had access to this key, just like with SCP 914 (except the key was already inserted).

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by key activation...but putting more security around 008 does make sense given its dangerous and far-reaching effects. As for the door opening, there IS a way to get in, but not through normal playing - tis a bug still being worked out.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:I'm a little confused as to what you mean by key activation...but putting more security around 008 does make sense given its dangerous and far-reaching effects. As for the door opening, there IS a way to get in, but not through normal playing - tis a bug still being worked out.
The "noclip", right? Or I may be wrong. AS for the key. It's basically like the one on SCP-914 only it will be attached to one of the machines in the left room. Simply turn it and the door opens. The security would be the need for a key, but it would already be in the ignition.

Yeah, or maybe you would need some keypad code to enter; after all, with the deadly nature of 008, you would think there would be more security than just one button. However, players would likely not be obligated to find the code just to enter 008's chamber, as there is literally nothing to do in there except grabbing a Hazmat suit and releasing the disease.

...Which brings me to my next point. I don't like any of the SCPs in the game being confined to just one room, I think all of them (or at least the important ones) should have a larger role in the game. With regards to 008, I think the Hazmat suit is useless except for in the contaminated room? I think it would be cool if there was a specific area like a "Disease Research" lab, where the entire room is contaminated with 008 prions - and where a Hazmat suit would be required to proceed. The hallways that provide access to this lab could be quarantined, and an announcement would play "Disease Research laboratory has experienced an 008 breach. Hallways connecting to the lab have been quarantined and locked off from all non-authorized personnel. Proceed with extreme caution."
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:Yeah, or maybe you would need some keypad code to enter; after all, with the deadly nature of 008, you would think there would be more security than just one button. However, players would likely not be obligated to find the code just to enter 008's chamber, as there is literally nothing to do in there except grabbing a Hazmat suit and releasing the disease.

...Which brings me to my next point. I don't like any of the SCPs in the game being confined to just one room, I think all of them (or at least the important ones) should have a larger role in the game. With regards to 008, I think the Hazmat suit is useless except for in the contaminated room? I think it would be cool if there was a specific area like a "Disease Research" lab, where the entire room is contaminated with 008 prions - and where a Hazmat suit would be required to proceed. The hallways that provide access to this lab could be quarantined, and an announcement would play "Disease Research laboratory has experienced an 008 breach. Hallways connecting to the lab have been quarantined and locked off from all non-authorized personnel. Proceed with extreme caution."
Main point: Gives the player a valid reason to actually enter the containment room of SCP-008.

Actually, since 049 turns you into a zombie, maybe getting infected with 008 should make 049 leave you alone and say you don't have the Plague. Just an idea.
scpharrisee wrote:where the entire room is contaminated with 008 prions
There will need to be blood. Lots of blood. 008 is only transmitted through body fluids. I think the hazmat suit is only intended for transporting 008 samples. There's no telling how much sweat could be on a scientist's hands when handling that kind of stuff. To stick to the canon and not make 008 airborne ingame, maybe there could be a code door that you have to progress through and a document in a puddle of blood nearby (Let's say the dead body just got up and walked away, shall we?). I'm sure D-9341's hands would be pretty sweaty by this point, so picking up this document with your bare hands would infect you with 008. The player would have to backtrack and find 008's chamber and get the hazmat suit. Then he could safely pick up the document with the code and progress through the door.

Edit: One more idea. The hazmat suit should also be able to be put through 914.

Rough = You can guess what this would be.

Coarse = Like rough, but more organized.

1:1 = Different color hazmat suit. Has a chance of being black, which will delay the time it takes for MTF to detect you.

Fine = Armored hazmat suit. Full body protection, but lowers your stamina.

Very Fine = Spacesuit. Full body protection, easier to breathe (infinite stamina), lower gravity, and it will confuse the shit out of the MTF.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Why can't we have SCP-008 Infected roamning around? i mean The SCP-049-2's Gave me a night mare XD Zombie's roaming in the dark with you defenceless = So [REDACTED] Creepy! I think SCP-008 Infected should be added. I mean what If someone got infected by 008 while in the rush because of Cb?