SCP-012 DISCUSSION

SCP-012 is a Cognitohazard class SCP object. It's an unfinished Musical composition retrieved by K. M. Sandoval in Northern Italy Tomb.

[IN-GAME]

In the game, you can find 012 in it's containment cell. Once you get closer to the 012‘s control panel, the box of 012 opens and starts the unfinished musical composition “On Mount Golgotha“. When the player gets closer hearing composition, he will be forced by composition to finish it by cutting his hand to get blood and finish the unfinished composition. When the player cuts his arm deeper, he begins dying from losing blood from his arm.

Re: SCP-012 DISCUSSION

I was surprised when i first found it in the game (I hadn't read about the SFX file)

Anytime i try to close the door it says its locked. and i can't grab the switch next to it either, is this normal or is it a glitch?.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

I have a little suggestion for making SCP-012 less pointless: since when you enter its containment chamber (with a "Level 3 Keycard") the second door will open and you will be attracted by the music, other than watching the character killing himself there is nothing else useful to do...
So, maybe having SCP-079 opening both the doors (the door to 012's little room and the one to the whole containment chamber that leads to the external corridor) when the player walks near the door, make the music more "effective" by extending it's range to the whole external corridor (and the stairs, obviously. Maybe the music could play with a bit higher volume to justify the bigger range...) and making the character walk a bit faster when he is hypnotized could make SCP-012 less unuseful (since you have to resist more and you would need to time your run to avoid being already exausted, obviously having a Gas Mask upgraded with SCP-914 could make the work a lot easier...). The two doors opened by SCP-079 could be locked and the message "It doesn't want to close" (or "It seems to be locked") could appear if you try to close them. To do that, you would need to deactivate the Remote Door Control System, but that would be pointless since you would already reached the Entrance Zone and going back to the Light Containment Zone only to close a door seems a bit stupid... :laugh:
Yeah, even with those changes SCP-012 would be still easy to avoid, but at least now it could serve as a "disturber" if you are pursued by SCP-173 ( :173: ) or SCP-106 ( :106: ); it could be more dangerous if you are followed by SCP-173 since it would keep moving your camera and, as we know, looking away from 173 even for a slipt second is enough to make him dash torwards the player and kill him.

Obviously this is just a suggestion, what do you think about it? :)

NOTE: for the big BUMP, I've asked for an Admin's permission to post there and I've got it.
Last edited by Mr. Shy-Guy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

In SCP-012's room there is a Bug that can let you being still and listen to the music even witouth using SCP-714: if you go near the screens (the screens with SCP-012's document on a keyboard...) you can't get affected by 012's effect. This Bug was there since SCP-012 got added in v0.7 and kept staying there until now, on v0.9. Just look at a random YouTube video of SCB:CB where this SCP appears, if who is playing does not move away from the screens, the character will not be hypnotyzed by the music.
Even if that's not a "game-breaker bug", it's still boring...

I don't know if another "safe area" is near the shelves because I never got near them and no one on YouTube did it (there isn't anything on them, they are pointless and there is no reason to approach them...), maybe I'll check tomorrow... :)
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)