SCP-939 DISCUSSION

SCP-939 (from the wiki) are endothermic, pack-based predators which display atrophy of various systems similar to troglobitic organisms. The skins of SCP-939 are highly permeable to moisture and translucent red, owing to a compound chemically similar to hemoglobin. SCP-939 average 2.2 meters tall standing upright and weigh an average of 250 kg, though weight is highly variable. Each of their four limbs end in three-fingered claws with a fourth, opposable digit, and are covered in setae which considerably augment climbing ability. Their heads are elongated, devoid of even vestigial eyes or eye sockets, and contain no brain casing. The jaws of SCP-939 are lined with red, faintly luminescent fang-like teeth, similar to those belonging to specimens of the genus Chauliodus, up to 6 cm in length, and encircled by heat-sensitive pit organs. Eye spots, sensitive to light and dark, run the length of their spined dorsal ridges. These spines may be up to 16 cm long and are believed to be sensitive to changes in air pressure and flow.

SCP-939 do not possess many vital organ systems; central and peripheral nervous systems, circulatory system, and digestive tract are all absent. SCP-939's respiratory system is atrophied and serves no apparent purpose beyond spreading AMN-C227 (see below). SCP-939 have no apparent physiological need to feed, nor any way to digest consumed tissue. Ingested material typically accumulates in the respiratory system of SCP-939 and is regurgitated once the amount is sufficient to markedly inhibit its function. Despite the absence of many vital organ systems, SCP-939 are capable of bearing live young.

SCP-939's primary method of luring prey is the imitation of human speech in the voices of prior victims, though imitation of other species and active nocturnal hunts have been documented. SCP-939 vocalizations often imply significant distress; whether SCP-939 understand their vocalizations or are repeating previously heard phrases is the subject of ongoing study. How SCP-939 acquire voices is not currently understood; specimens have been documented imitating victims despite never hearing the victim speak.

---------------------

So anyways SCP-939 has just been added in 1.0, and can be found upon riding a certain elevator in the LCZ, and can :REDACTED: you if it spots you. There isn't that much to it yet (at least, from the limited time I played SCP:CB 1.0); so if you got suggestions and ideas to discuss, do it here (I think). So far I don't have any ideas for it yet; although perhaps there should be a few objects lying around there, perhaps a hazmat suit or something? That's it.

(Reference of SCP-939's description: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-939)
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: SCP-939 DISCUSSION

When getting killed by any of the two 939's, The Death Message mentions Four of them in total.

I wonder If Regalis would ever consider adding the other two in a possible separate location. Would also give the chance for others to attempt voice acting.. Unless they end up using the same two voices as the other pair in the Storage Room.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

FireFox wrote:When getting killed by any of the two 939's, The Death Message mentions Four of them in total.

I wonder If Regalis would ever consider adding the other two in a possible separate location. Would also give the chance for others to attempt voice acting.. Unless they end up using the same two voices as the other pair in the Storage Room.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool if the other two were just hanging out in the upper levels. Probably separate, but since they are pack-based they'd probably be added together. Or at least put them in an area where they can be seen but not actually reached? They could be used in a cut-scene.

One thing, though, that would be really nice to see is their climbing ability. I realize that in the area you find them, there's probably not enough room for them to climb around, but it would be nice if they could, since their description says they can.

I think they should look more like the ones on the loading screen. Maybe they should be a little bit slower, so players might have a chance of running from them. I agree about seeing the other two in another place. Maybe the maintenance tunnels?
SCP: Containment Breach can NEVER be too scary!
We must make it scarier!

But SugarLumpy-

SCARIER!!

Yeah, I think the other two should be in their containment cell. We don't see their chamber anywhere in the facility, and to me it seems unlikely for them to have come from an entirely different sector.

The idea just occurred to me that maybe not all of the facility is accessible. I don't mean those doors and such you see as decoration that could lead to a room, or some maintenance area, I mean whole hallways, rooms, offices, and even containment cells.