Re: This forum needs a new server!

CommanderPro100 wrote:This error has been happening ever since version 0.7 of Containment Breach came out. I'm guessing that when Regalis was adding the new download link something happened which caused this error to pop up and he currently doesn't have time to fix it yet.
The 503 error occurs when the server is overloaded. After the release of v0.7 the site has been getting a lot more traffic than before, which is why those errors have started popping up. I already moved to a server with a larger bandwidth but apparently it wasn't enough. The service provider I'm using doesn't have an option to increase the bandwidth any further (except if I buy a dedicated server which costs like hell), so I guess I should start looking for another service provider...

Regalis wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:This error has been happening ever since version 0.7 of Containment Breach came out. I'm guessing that when Regalis was adding the new download link something happened which caused this error to pop up and he currently doesn't have time to fix it yet.
The 503 error occurs when the server is overloaded. After the release of v0.7 the site has been getting a lot more traffic than before, which is why those errors have started popping up. I already moved to a server with a larger bandwidth but apparently it wasn't enough. The service provider I'm using doesn't have an option to increase the bandwidth any further (except if I buy a dedicated server which costs like hell), so I guess I should start looking for another service provider...
I can't even begin to imagine the cost for that after owning a web portal myself years ago. But on a small side note, which you may not even read.
I would really love to donate, however the Donation thing so far only supports Credit Cards. I live in Germany and don't own a Credit Card,
however there are payment options for Paypal that I would be able to use...

So, I'm more than willing to help out financially if that could be arranged?
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Steelpoint wrote:If anyone wishes to help Reaglis in a financial matter there is a donation option on the SCP:CB front page.

Well if we can take anything else from these events, is that a lot of people like SCP:CB.
Steel, I'm fully aware of that one. However I don't own a Paypal Account neither do I really want to... so since I do not own a credit card I have no option to help Regalis
as his Donation Options won't accept german transfer methods.

I'm dying to help him as server costs must be enormous by now, but I just don't have a credit card and I'm not going to get one anytime soon.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:If anyone wishes to help Reaglis in a financial matter there is a donation option on the SCP:CB front page.

Well if we can take anything else from these events, is that a lot of people like SCP:CB.
Steel, I'm fully aware of that one. However I don't own a Paypal Account neither do I really want to... so since I do not own a credit card I have no option to help Regalis
as his Donation Options won't accept german transfer methods.

I'm dying to help him as server costs must be enormous by now, but I just don't have a credit card and I'm not going to get one anytime soon.
I think you meant to write "credit card" there. Just wanted to pint that out so no one gets confused.

Also, I would also try to donate, but I'm completely broke. I'll try to find a way to make some money, and if I can, I'll see if I can donate.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP