Re: SCP-173 bug

Because of some kind of bug scp-173 seem to be able to teleport anywhere.. I don't know if he actually teleport or it's just because he hasn't spawned yet and has to do in front of you but if it's the case it spawns where it shouldnt. I've seen it appear randomly in front of me in on of those T shaped room and also in scp-372's chamber without blinking

EDIT:

I once had to cross a lockroom where scp-173 spawned to get to scp-914's chamber. So i entered the chamber and saved and because i got the mastercard i had to quit to reload and after reloading this cheating bastard entered the room after i blinked just like that.

Good news, I finally found the reason for the SCP-173 teleportation bugs. It was such a obvious (and retarded) programming error that I don't know how I didn't see it before:

If 173 is more than 35 in-game units away from the player (which is about the length of four rooms), there's a small chance that it's randomly moved to a point in the map that is 25-30 units away from the player. A cheap and easy way to make it follow the player without a complicated pathfinding AI. Although, there was a bug in the code that made 173 move 25-30 units from the point where it currently is, so occasionally it was teleported into the same room with the player. Now it's fixed though, and 173 works the way it was intended.

Regalis wrote:Good news, I finally found the reason for the SCP-173 teleportation bugs. It was such a obvious (and retarded) programming error that I don't know how I didn't see it before:

If 173 is more than 35 in-game units away from the player (which is about the length of four rooms), there's a small chance that it's randomly moved to a point in the map that is 25-30 units away from the player. A cheap and easy way to make it follow the player without a complicated pathfinding AI. Although, there was a bug in the code that made 173 move 25-30 units from the point where it currently is, so occasionally it was teleported into the same room with the player. Now it's fixed though, and 173 works the way it was intended.
You mean it's fixed and we just have to re-download it or did you mean it's fixed in the next version?
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Whew... Well I'm glad the bug was found, but it was certainly interesting to find :173: in all of those odd places I wasn't expecting it. Finding it in 49's room (along with 49 already being active) definitely made me think on my feet!

I came into a room where right after the start. it had the gas mask and batteries in the room on the right and on the left was a lower level with a scientist who said "whats that sound?" and then the lights went out and he was killed by 173. and then he was somehow able to clip UP the wall and through glass without breaking it. I some how was able to go to the door but it was having another bug where the sound of it closing happened but the door itself didn't close, I tried to close it about 3 more times till it did close, then as soon as I closed the door in front of me I turned around he was right behind me as it is the T shaped room where you can only open the other door by going into the T to hit the button.