[0.7.4]Elevator door bug

Since version 0.7.2 I spotted a bug.
It happened only since 0.7.2 so I suppose it was introduced in that update but I may be wrong.
When I get to the omega warhead's elevator, the door is already closed and as I push the button, the text "It seems to be locked" appears on the screen as expected but I also hear the elevator noise and the screen shake as if you are inside and when I hear the door open the screen basically go black like you teleported or something. There is literally nothing to do to get the black screen gone, the only way I found was teleporting though the console. When the screen goes black you can still walk and hear your footsteps and the S-Nav says that you didn't leave the room. I attemped to stand right next to a button but upon getting the black screen, you can't push it anymore. I've yet only seen it on the omega warhead's elevator but maybe it can happen with other elevators too.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Here's the link to download the save I got the screenshots from. It's on 0.7.3 and sorry but you'll have to install the clipboard mod.

I also would like to report a minor bug that may be linked to this one.
Since 0.7.2, there are like 90% of the doors that are opened for no reason. I know before the update it happened but not as much as now and the bug is that sometimes even the door in the sort of testroom where you find the level 2 keycard and the S-Nav containing SCP-173 which breaks latter it's windows is opened.
Spoiler
UPDATE: Still in 0.7.4..
Last edited by Léonard on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: [0.7.3]Elevator door bug

By testing the wireframe mod I have seen that you actually get teleported but I got teleported like 10 meter under 372's chamber.

Edit:

I tested it once again and this time the door was opened like normally and I tried closing it then pushing the button and the bug happened. I was wrong you don't teleport under 372's chamber but under the omega warhead. I got it like 5 times though it appears to be random. It teleported me under the elevator and it's as if I pushed the button on the upper elevator and it teleported me under as if I was in the upper one. Just like if I pushed the upper elevator's button I also tried on other elevators with no results.
Spoiler

Glitch found the bugs in the source code and shared them on the Dev Topic:
Spoiler
[color=#00BF00]Glitch[/color] wrote:

Code: Select all

954	                        If xdist+zdist > 32.0 Then
934	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist		
955	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist

956	                                ;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player
957	                                If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
958	                                        If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
959	                                EndIf
935	                        Else		
960	                        Else
936	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)		
961	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)
937	                        EndIf		
962	                        EndIf 
;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player
If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
EndIf

yes, I did feel the need to post this.
This should prevent the bug from happening again:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5f1sj ... orFix2.zip

juanjpro wrote:Glitch found the bugs in the source code and shared them on the Dev Topic:
Spoiler
[color=#00BF00]Glitch[/color] wrote:

Code: Select all

954	                        If xdist+zdist > 32.0 Then
934	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist		
955	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist

956	                                ;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player
957	                                If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
958	                                        If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
959	                                EndIf
935	                        Else		
960	                        Else
936	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)		
961	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)
937	                        EndIf		
962	                        EndIf 
If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
EndIf

yes, I did feel the need to post this.
This should prevent the bug from happening again:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5f1sj ... orFix2.zip
I know and when I saw this post I though of this bug too but I also remembered that as I said in my earlier post I tried reclosing it after finding it already open and the bug still occured.
It's a good thing finding the door opened as it should be but you didn't fix the actual bug. You can try for yourself and I even knew it before testing your fix.

Re: [0.7.4]Elevator door bug

I had the same problem, but also another one.

When I'm using an elevator (SCP-049's, the silo's ecc.), I don't hear the usual sound (the beep and the moving sound), and at the end of the trip, the buttons to use the elevators are gone, so I can't use them anymore, being trapped in that floor forever.

Save and reload don't work, and this thing happens every time I play.
That's before pushing the button
That's after