Re: [0.8.1] SCP-173 spawning on you

I actually watched to see what would happen through wireframe and extending the camera fog.

What happens is he spawns in a non-rendered room somewhere, usually near you, and always above you. The collision points aren't there, so he simply falls. While he's falling he goes into a spiral (since that's what he does when he's not being looked at but doesn't know where the player is/isn't pursuing you), and sometimes manages to fall onto the roof of your room. You'll hear him spazzing out, and he'll slowly start to slip in through the ceiling due to some weird collision bug.

So when you hear him but spin around and he keeps shuffling, look up, and get to a corner. Blink at your own discretion.

I experienced this same bug, although I wasn't familiar with the changelog so I thought perhaps SCP-173 was just climbing through vents now or something of that nature.
After exiting the initial chamber, I heard 173's shuffling very loudly as though it were in the same room as me. I initially took this to be it chasing guards and scientists in a room next to mine, but there was no scripted scene with the ramp in the next chamber. I continued to hear 173's shuffle as I progressed through doors and closed them behind me, and finally I backed into a corner where I could observe all entrances to my current room simultaneously. SCP-173 then appeared on top of me and I died.

It definitely seems like a clipping error, but even if this is intentional (meant to represent 173 climbing through ventilation shafts) it is far too difficult to avoid and makes the game unplayable and unenjoyable.

Lios wrote:I actually watched to see what would happen through wireframe and extending the camera fog.

What happens is he spawns in a non-rendered room somewhere, usually near you, and always above you. The collision points aren't there, so he simply falls. While he's falling he goes into a spiral (since that's what he does when he's not being looked at but doesn't know where the player is/isn't pursuing you), and sometimes manages to fall onto the roof of your room. You'll hear him spazzing out, and he'll slowly start to slip in through the ceiling due to some weird collision bug.

So when you hear him but spin around and he keeps shuffling, look up, and get to a corner. Blink at your own discretion.
Well, thanks! Next time I'll try it.
こんにちは。私の名前はユカです!はじめまして!
My Steam Account