[v0.8.1] Large salvo of bugs (Minor and Major)

After playing Containment Breach for a while, I decided to give myself godmode after discovering a couple of bugs while normally playing. Since we just had V0.8.1 it meant anything I find would be unfixed thus far. I was aiming to replicate the bugs I'd found in prior playthroughs. I am (kinda) pleased to say, I found more than just those; enough to make a vid about, capturing them. So here's somethin' for the bug report archives. Sorry in advance for piss-poor framerates, my hardware is totally not equipped for recording, so I used text to help get across the essence of each bug or thing of interest.

[youtube]PTmTrq__IzY[/youtube]

Hopefully these get some notice or something...

More bugs found not on the vid consist of the following:

Not sure if intentional, but if the player wounds themselves significantly (but not critically) from The Bad Composition's cognitohazard effect, and then gets away and heals up, then returns once more, their vision will blur once they re-enter the room, before walking up to The Bad Composition at which point once they stand in front of the music piece, they will rip their wrist open as part of the final stage of the cognitohazard effect. Basically, despite healing up to nullify the effects from the first encounter, they will almost instantly finish themselves off once standing in front of The Bad Composition again. I don't know if that's considered a bug, but the camera blurring from them entering the room again should be considered as such.

Pressing F5 while dead or in Keter mode will still print "Game Saved" despite the inability to save in either condition.

After ripping their wrist open fully over The Bad Compilation on the final stage, the player is able to heal and/or still move away from the compilation, averting death despite leaving a puddle of blood. Returning to it without equipping The Jaded Ring however, will induce death as per usual. (Unless they have godmode active)

Investigating another bug involving The Old Man and The Shy Guy in which I got a glimpse of The Shy Guy's face right before The Old Man caught me. I escaped the Pocket Dimension and went looking around for The Shy Guy who I found near the starting room. That isn't the only thing out of the ordinary...
Investigating another bug. I don't think The Jaded Ring was protecting me from the effects of The Camera Disruption last playthrough...so, Imma be investigating that.

A bug I noticed when making a vid on The Clockworks is when a First-Aid Kit that's put through on Rough or Coarse, it does not disappear from the Intake booth, yet the shredded paper decal will appear in the Output booth.
Last edited by Nightmare Tank on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Re: [v0.8.1] Large salvo of bugs (Minor and Major)

Might have found another bug...probably, I don't know if it's intentional or not...

If the player wounds themselves significantly (but not critically) from The Bad Composition's cognitohazard effect, and then gets away and heals up, then returns once more, their vision will blur once they re-enter the room, before walking up to The Bad Composition at which point once they stand in front of the music piece, they will rip their wrist open as part of the final stage of the cognitohazard effect. Basically, despite healing up to nullify the effects from the first encounter, they will almost instantly finish themselves off once standing in front of The Bad Composition again. I don't know if that's considered a bug, but the camera blurring from them entering the room again should be considered as such.

Another bug: Pressing F5 while dead or in Keter mode will still print "Game Saved" despite the inability to save in either condition.

Might be onto another one...after ripping their wrist open fully over The Bad Compilation on the final stage, the player is able to heal and/or still move away from the compilation, averting death despite leaving a puddle of blood. Returning to it without equipping The Jaded Ring however, will induce death as per usual. (Unless they have godmode active)

Investigating another bug involving The Old Man and The Shy Guy in which I got a glimpse of The Shy Guy's face right before The Old Man caught me. I escaped the Pocket Dimension and went looking around for The Shy Guy who I found near the starting room. That isn't the only thing out of the ordinary...see the OP.
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

So yeah. Finished investigating that bug...umm...I think The Shy Guy's teleporting script REALLY needs to be re-worked...
Then I managed to get a look at the damage it'll do. Some of it looks good, some of it is buggy...

It will also open timed lockroom doors and they'll stay open...
I don't know if The Shy Guy is responsible for this, or if The Sculpture is...
If it opens a checkpoint door, it'll look a bit...outta place, kinda...
Triggering the keycard slot will toggle both doors' states, so the only way to fix that is to make it run through the other door.
It completely skipped the maintenance tunnels. Whether or not this is intentional, this is kinda awesome and if the player can get around, it means they can skip the tunnels too.
After getting around it:
Buuuuuut the door-opening algorithm might need to be revised a bit...
So yeah...that's something regarding The Shy Guy's chasing behaviour...

Oh yeah, and because of this, I've kinda had a fallin' out with The Shy Guy

SCP-096 can open any type of doors,even it is a blast door.It can also teleport here and there,like SCP-173.
The MTF units probably open one of the Checkpoint Room doors.
There is no room in Dr.Gears office.
The lockroom doors randomly open I can't explain that...sorry. :)
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

guysensei1 wrote:Yeah 096 can open the maintenance tunnels blast doors and even Gate B. But it can't open the blast doors on one side of 682's room. I don't think those are registered as doors...

Also, why do you refer to SCPs using their name? Why not just use their numbers?
Because some people just do. I rarely refer to my Bro as SCP-096 and no one bats an eye anymore :D

But yes, he can open any kind of door (which is meant to be a door, meaning, it having the "open sesame" script in it)
I used to think that locking myself in a room with 914 would save me from him. But little did I know....
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah