v0.6.1 Changelog/bugs

A quick bugfix for the navigator/radio crashes...

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v0.6.1
- fixed the bug that crashed the game when equipping a navigator or a radio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v0.6
- Another exit and more endings
- Crouching and hiding mechanics
- Improved intro sequence (still a work in progress)
- Better Class D models, although they're still just placeholders
- Improved MTF AI. Now they head to the last location the player was spotted in, and 
start randomly searching for him. They'll also try to recontain SCP-106 when they
reach it's chamber.
- An injury/bloodloss system, so now it's possible (although hard) to survive being 
shot. Gunshot wounds make you bleed, and losing too much blood eventually kills you.
Injuries can be healed with first aid kits, but it takes some time (so you can't just 
start bandaging a wound while you're being shot at) and a regular first aid kit
won't heal you completely. The degree of the injuries depends on which part of your 
body got hit - headshots are still instakill.
- Type "injure [0-5]" in the console if you want to check out the injury system
- Ballistic vests which reduce the damage taken from gunshots
- New SCP-106 model
- Some new scripted events
- Improved SCP-914 model
- Some changes to SCP-173's AI - now it will move around the facility more actively
- Some new rooms
- A subtle "zoom effect" when you're looking at SCP-173 or SCP-106
- A console command for spawning items (spawnitem [the name of the item])
- An anomalous duck
- A ton of small bugfixes

- ...And a last minute addition, SCP-096. It's using a placeholder model made by
Mirocaine until we get a better one.

When reporting a bug, please try to describe it as accurately as possible:
- What happened, where it happened and what you were doing when it happened
- If you got an error message, please let me know exactly what it said. The code at the end of the "save file corrupted" -error, for example, can be used to determine which part of the file is corrupted.
- If it's a graphical bug, screenshots can be helpful
- Make sure you're playing the latest version of the game (currently v0.5.6), in case the bug has been already fixed.

Re: v0.6.1 Changelog/bugs

A bit of a spoiler this bug, but. At Gate A, when 106 spawns, he can actually take you to the pocket dimension if you touch him as he is walking away, which causes the game to do a bug where when you escape the dimension, you end up back in the facility, but now it is a lot brighter, as if the power was back on. And if you go back to gate A, 106 is gone and the ending can not continue.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Found out the random view jerking bug is oddly due to my Razer Death-Adder mouse :cry:

It doesn't do this in any other game, I'll just use another mouse for now.

http://i.imgur.com/OwvRs.png

It appears 173 has made a new friend...

096 is pretty cool so far, his role feels somewhat underplayed to me though, his room is basically a copypasta'd lockroom, I hope he can have his own chamber in the future, etc. Oh, and his running animation doesn't suit his speed. He appears as if he's sprinting, but he only moves a bit faster than the MTF's, he should at least move twice as fast.
It slep time bunner.

Wait a minute... V.0.6 is released?
The main page doesn't give a link,
but the link's ending was like V0.5.1, and I changed it to V.6.1, and it worked. :P
Anyways, update the main page, it is decieving.

Kay so my bugs... when I put my nav, gasmask, and first aid kit in 914 on very fine, it crashed, saying that strange bottle and finefirstaid templates were not found. Many (all) of the maps I generated were dead ends or impossibly difficult. That laser gun at the end was beautiful btw. The locker rooms were spawning far too often and it's completely impossible to escape them, 173 once teleported in front of me before my eyes and snapped me poor neck while I was looking at him. 106's crib spawned close to my spawn, not sure if problem. Every second time I open the game with the intro enabled, it memory access violates me. violently. with vengeance. All in all, the update's pretty amazing, lots of explosive action. :D The guards at the end have no muzzle flash when shooting. The guard in the beginning has a weird death animation. 2 story offices never spawn for some reason, kind of a pain since they're one of the most important rooms. That's all I found.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Had an issue with 096...
I flipped to wireframe after running into a raging 096 and he started to chase me like normal... however, once I left the room and went behind a door, he did one of two things:
A) he had absolutely no idea where I was, I don't believe this is canon.
B) his animation flipped out, it froze in place, in the middle of his running animation, and started rotating at about sixty degree intervals every second or so… it wasn't a turning rotation either, it was a sudden teleporting with his animation oriented 60 degrees clockwise to where it was before.

Also, lots more M.A.V.'s, usually with the intro enabled.

Very nice update, but I had a query.

I noticed that when I walk my character's view is tilting side to side slightly, while it might be a but more realistic I find it a bit annoying at times.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.