Server hosting questions

I have a few queries about running a Barotrauma server, I'd appreciate if anyone is able to give help/advice.

1) How do I allow voting for the Sub to be used at the lobby screen, currently it's set to Manual but I cannot seem to find any documentation on the serversettings.xml file to tell me the valid options.
" SubSelection="Manual" "

2) I got disconnected a couple of times from the server, an error something similar to "You have been disconnected because syncing your client with the server took too long." - What is the cause of this? I am hosting on a Debian dedicated machine that is quite powerful with a decent internet connection. Is it poor compatibility in a Mono environment, or am I missing something?

3) When subs were loaded in, the server console was flooded with errors all saying "Error loading item - item prefab "[BLABLABLA]" not found." - What is the causing of this, missing files? Either way, how do I obtain the missing content? I uploaded my client's Submarines folder, should I upload other content too for the server to work properly?

4) If I promote a player with the command "giverank", is this permanent/stored somewhere? or is it per server session or player session?

Re: Server hosting questions

1) Your options are Manual, Random, Vote
2) I'm not entirely sure what's the cause for this, but it may have to do with events not fitting within a packet for any number of reasons or some other bug with the server that will make it refuse to send anything at all. Future updates should provide improvements to this, sorry for the inconvenience.
3) You're probably missing Barotrauma Extended: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5924
4) Client permissions are stored in Data/clientpermissions.xml

Re: Server hosting questions

juanjpro wrote:1) Your options are Manual, Random, Vote
2) I'm not entirely sure what's the cause for this, but it may have to do with events not fitting within a packet for any number of reasons or some other bug with the server that will make it refuse to send anything at all. Future updates should provide improvements to this, sorry for the inconvenience.
3) You're probably missing Barotrauma Extended: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5924
4) Client permissions are stored in Data/clientpermissions.xml
Hi juanjpro, I appreciate your reply so thank you first of all.

1) I am pretty sure I tried "Vote" as an educated guess, but I was getting lots of red error text about it failing to parse the XML file at that point - I'll try it again though to be sure.

2) The error is intermittent, but it is quite a regular occurrence, sometimes we can play 3-4 missions with no problems, other times it will crash almost immediately after the first round is launched. If there is anything more I can do to help test/debug this please feel free to reach out, I'd like to support the game as I think it has great potential.

3) Ah, I'll download this and put it on my client and on the server, I was able to get the server to work by uploading my client's Content folder - again educated guess, so I hope this shouldn't inadvertently cause a problem. I was using custom subs, but I definitely don't remember seeing any of the custom clothing or other content as shown in the BTE screenshots.

4) Thank you.