Huskified humans in v0.8.2.1

I just want to tell my opinion about this part of the update. It was really a problem to kill husks because of their healing from nearby corpses, but i don't think that huskified humans should be the same with that. Since the parasite takes constant damage in advanced infection, you also get some of the advantages of a husk like no need of oxygen. Few of us used the eggs for useful things, supporting the crew without infecting anyone and we had two options to sustain ourselves with meds or corpses. (I know that this could be used for griefing but it was a well-kept secret and I didn't see anyone using it to grief, only mindless horde of zombies) Everyone know that griefers are making easier to see some dead bodies around the submarine. Without that healing we just have to waste meds then die in the end anyway, making that kind of gameplay useless and impossible to enjoy. Almost everyone see husks as a threat and this update just ensures people of that theory. I don't know what is the plan with husks, but now it is very limited. Just imagine a submarine with a functioning crew of huskified players, like an undead crew in the sea(pvp mission would be more exciting with this). So my point of view is that the more ways you can play, the better. I hope this will make some change or idea for future plans.

Re: Huskified humans in v0.8.2.1

It wouldn't be exploity if the instant healing could be replaced with a heal over time effect.
Obviously you become a Husk so you adapt to the environment too.The disease is fatal IF you don't feed the parasite,and what is the difference between a living meat or a dead meat?Nothing.If the instant healing was the problem it can be changed like I said.I think this could be expanded this way,not just a deadly disease or a zombie virus.Roleplayers or traitors could enjoy the way of Husks like that,making the game more interesting.But now it's impossible to play that way.I could agree with the no healing thing because of balancing if the parasite doesn't make any damage,and you couldn't heal from meds either.Sounds fair in my opinion.
Playing as a husk is interesting and enjoyable,but it requires healing without harming and wasting meds(living-dead meat idea) or the parasite's damage to be removed.Huskified humans can't be always bad if you know what I mean.

Re: Huskified humans in v0.8.2.1

randymagic241 wrote:Being able to survive indefinitely after neglecting treatment for a disease that is meant to be eventually fatal seems exploity.
This is pretty much the reason why it was changed. Basically the main idea of the husk mechanic is that an infected player has two choices: they either try to find a cure fast, or have to become an antagonist and keep themselves alive by harming others. If there's an easy way to keep yourself safely in a huskified state I think it makes the entire mechanic a little broken - it becomes a status effect that forces you to keep doing a boring, menial task, but that's at the same time so useful that you should always have it.
Ninjon wrote:The disease is fatal IF you don't feed the parasite,and what is the difference between a living meat or a dead meat?
It's not about feeding, it's about attacking. The way I envisioned it is that the parasite is trying to take you over, but if you help it by infecting others, it gives you some leeway and lets you live a bit longer.