Re: Subsurface v0.1

pip12345 wrote:Really loving the game so far, but I've got one problem.
After setting up power and getting everything running my ship can't seem to dive, the pumps in the ballast room are connected to the navigation computer but when dragging the little navigation line downwards nothing happends.
The ballast rooms don't fill up and all the pumps in the ballast rooms are enabled. I can only make the ship dive by manually flooding the lower part of the ship. The engine is working fine, though.
How do you guys get the diving working?

Connecting the navigator's "velocity_y_out" to the pump's "set_speed" or "set_targetlevel" input both do the job for me, just make sure the pump is turned on, and that it has enough power.
My only problem is that the game crashes when someone shoots the railgun or the harpoon gun, but that should probably go into the bugs section.

Ca$h wrote:
pip12345 wrote:Really loving the game so far, but I've got one problem.
After setting up power and getting everything running my ship can't seem to dive, the pumps in the ballast room are connected to the navigation computer but when dragging the little navigation line downwards nothing happends.
The ballast rooms don't fill up and all the pumps in the ballast rooms are enabled. I can only make the ship dive by manually flooding the lower part of the ship. The engine is working fine, though.
How do you guys get the diving working?

Connecting the navigator's "velocity_y_out" to the pump's "set_speed" or "set_targetlevel" input both do the job for me, just make sure the pump is turned on, and that it has enough power.
My only problem is that the game crashes when someone shoots the railgun or the harpoon gun, but that should probably go into the bugs section.
I rewired the pumps directly to the nav console instead of going through the junction boxes and now it works, thanks!

Ca$h wrote:Connecting the navigator's "velocity_y_out" to the pump's "set_speed" or "set_targetlevel" input both do the job for me, just make sure the pump is turned on, and that it has enough power.
The pumps work slightly differently if you connect it to set_speed: set_targetlevel will make the pumps fill the room half way up if you're steering down at half of the maximum speed, but if you use set_speed, they will pump water into the room with half of the maximum "pumping speed", eventually filling the room entirely. The submarine is a bit harder to control if you do the latter, because the pumps will either be filling the room completely or pumping it completely dry, so you have to keep adjusting the steering direction up an down to keep the sub from sinking or hitting the "ceiling".

Regalis wrote: The pumps work slightly differently if you connect it to set_speed: set_targetlevel will make the pumps fill the room half way up if you're steering down at half of the maximum speed, but if you use set_speed, they will pump water into the room with half of the maximum "pumping speed", eventually filling the room entirely. The submarine is a bit harder to control if you do the latter, because the pumps will either be filling the room completely or pumping it completely dry, so you have to keep adjusting the steering direction up an down to keep the sub from sinking or hitting the "ceiling".
Oh, thanks for the help! I also see now that it's explained on the wiki.
By the way, game is already tons of fun, we've been playing for hours. Can't wait for the next update, I hope the weapons will cause fewer crashes.

Like Ca$h said, I totally love this game
As a SS13 lover this game is absolutely fantastic even in its current state, the idea of a fully functional customizable submarine game with proper singleplayer stuff and proper progression is amazing. I've already clocked 8+ hours into this game just by screwing around in the editor and playing around with wiring etc. I hope the crashing with c4 and the railgun get fixed.
Can't wait for the next update.