Re: New version 3.0.0 released!

A bugfix patch coming up later today! The changelog is also uploaded to the website now (instead of just the game folder)
asialsky wrote:Please note that the autopilot still doesn't account for pressure damage, and may unwittingly sink your ship. Manual operation of navigation is still preferable.
That's strange, the path which the autopilot follows should never go that deep. If you could post the level seed (or a save file if that happens in single player) that would help a lot.
asialsky wrote:Also, all three stock ships have some overlapping corners, making repairing them impossible.
Which corners? Welding a section of the wall adjacent to the overlapping part should fix them both.
Jingo wrote:some things about edit mode. when in character mode, lockers will flicker in and out of selection when the cursor rolls over them, i have to hit 'E' at the right time to access the contents of the locker. Also in character mode, inventory slots don't appear like in the old versions so i have don't quite know how to manipulate items when in character mode such as add wires to doors/buttons or put batteries in underwater scooters. Also i don't appear to be able to place gaps or hulls.
The invisible inventory was caused by a last minute change in the drawing order of the UI elements (to get the crew command to screen on top of everything else), and checking the editor didn't occur to me... I'll upload a patch later today. As for the rest of those bugs, I haven't been able to reproduce any of those. Were you editing a sub you had loaded, something you started from scratch or did you switch to the editor while a round was running?
sgarv wrote:are reactors connected to multiple junctions "safe" now or are they still problematic?
If the junction boxes are in the same grid there should be no problem now. But if they are all connected to different grids with different loads, the reactor will try to match the one with the highest load which might be too much for the rest.
sgarv wrote:were there any netcode improvements?
Yeah, I fixed a ton of bugs that were causing syncing issues.
sgarv wrote:what's the faraday artifact do?
Nothing really, but they're a source of fulgurium which can be used for fabricating some useful items.
sgarv wrote:also I can't seem to exit the AI command UI without restarting the game
Did you try pressing C (which also opens the UI)? I guess it might be a good idea to have some sort of info text appear the first time you open the UI, atm that hotkey is only mentioned in the readme and the settings and most people probably won't notice those.

Regalis wrote:
Jingo wrote:some things about edit mode. when in character mode, lockers will flicker in and out of selection when the cursor rolls over them, i have to hit 'E' at the right time to access the contents of the locker. Also i don't appear to be able to place gaps or hulls.
I haven't been able to reproduce any of those.
Nvm, I managed figure out what was causing those. It only happened when editing a submarine that has moved (e.g. when starting a new game and switching to edit mode), because the game didn't take the position of the submarine into account. Both are fixed now!

I've been hosting a server the last few days and there's mainly three annoynaces I ran into (aside from general desync/stability issues).

First one I'm not 100% sure about, but it seems that when the host is in spectator mode and moves the camera away from the sub the crew will randomly die. This wouldn't be a huge issue, but the camera usually starts away from the sub and there's been quite a few random deaths at round start because of that (I think). Would be cool if the camera could auto-center on the sub at the beginning of a round.

Second is that apparently noone (or very few people) but me can see fire. It still kills everyone. Similar thing happens with monsters pretty often, with them being in different places or even different monsters entirely for other people (I know this is probably related to desync stuff, but these two are pretty major and gamebreaking especially when I'm not around to help people).

Third, and that one is really more related to adminning, is that I have no way to check objects on the sub. It'd be nice if admins/spectators could examine objects like normal players, to for example check the reactor status or see what's in a locker.
EDIT: A way to check objectives and traitors via the crew panel would also be appreciated.

Other than that I have to say it actually runs surprisingly well. Didn't expect I'd be able even keep a server up for multiple hours with my setup, let alone for days.