How to Engineer

I've seen a lot of people that don't know what to do when a complicated situation comes in, for example : the whole submarine is flooded, and I decided to make ''guides'' about the classes and what they are suppoused to do in this situations, I'll make the engineer guide first since now it's one of the most valuable classes

HOW TO ENGINEER

STEP 1 : YOUR STUFF

okay so you started the round as an engineer, one of the most valuable classes, and it's pretty easy to use actually, but first, you need to get your tools, this is everything you are going to need as an engineer :

1x screwdriver (starting equipment but very important)
1x wrench (starting equipment but is very useful)
1x wire (any color)
1x welding tool (with welding fuel)
1x diving mask (with an oxygen tank)
1x plasma cutter (optional, with an oxygen tank)
1x extinguisher (optional)
2x syringes (optional, 1 with corrigodone[for healing] and the other one with fibrinozine[for bleeding] or erythrozine[for oxygen deprivation])
1x extra welding fuel tank (optional)
1x extra oxygen tank (optional)
1x scooter (optional, might be very useful later)
put the welding tool, plasma cutter, extinguisher, the extra welding fuel tank and the extra oxygen tank in your uniform and leave the syringes, the scooter, the wire and the diving mask in your inventory (this is all optional, I do it to have extra space in my inventory).

STEP 2 : BEING USEFUL

now that you have all your stuff, you have to work, right? well no, you will do your special thing later, now, you have to be useful, how? well easy my friend, you can :

load the railgun and turn the supercapacitors on (set them to 100%)
turn on the batteries (set them to 100%)
set the pumps (set them to -100%)
turn on the reactor (heat limit 7000 or 8000, autotemp ON)

well I think that's all of it, you can relax now and walk around the submarine if you want, or if you are traitor, find a way to kill your target, I won't help you do that, might do a guide about that later, but not now.

STEP 3 : IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE

Submarine is under attack by a creature! the submarine is flooding! everyone is screaming! but then, the lights go off, the whole submarine has no power and it's flooded, it's your time to save the day :

get a diving suit (optional, might save your life, but don't forget to put an oxygen tank in it, put the oxygen tank of your diving mask in it and put your radio headset on for extra communication)
equip your scooter (if you have one)
go to reactor
take 2 fuel rods (3 if the first one is out of fuel)
put them in the reactor

great! now the reactor is generating heat (wich in return generates power), don't forget to take them out when the submarine is not flooded anymore,
okay, so the reactor is generating heat but the lights are still off, the junction boxes are probably broken, this is your time to shine (again) :

equip your scooter (again)
fix all the junction boxes (press E on them and press FIX)

this is actually tricky since fixing the junction boxes next to the reactor won't magically drain the water, your priority is to fix the junction boxes that give power to the pump(s),to do this you have to follow a ''path'' of junction boxes that starts in the reactor and ends in the pumps, while you follow this ''path'' of junction boxes don't forget to repair them or else power won't get to the pump(s), this way the water will drain and you won't have to endlessly fix the junction boxes, make sure the breaches are fixed (or ''contained'', this means that the doors that lead to the breaches are closed), once the water (or most of it) is drained fix all the remaining junction boxes (or in the worst of cases, the navigation console and minimap), and done, you saved the day.

STEP 4 : EXTRA STUFF

there's actually a little bit more to engineers :

they can fix walls just like mechanics, it's just that they are not so good at it, so it's not your priority

in the case of a monster STILL attacking the ship then you might want to do the same thing you did with the pumps, just follow that ''path'' of junction boxes from the reactor to the railgun and you should get some power to the railgun to shoot that last shell and kill that monster

most of the engineers CAN'T use the plasma cutter (you actually can, it's just that it will cut waaaay slower than a mechanic and maybe damage you a little bit), you need at least 30 mechanical skill to use them, check your stats in the ''info'' panel in the top left corner and clicking on you (you can also see the mission there)

that's how I do engineer most of the rounds, I hope it helps you to be that MVP everyone wants to play with, good luck in the deep, cold sea my friend.

more class guides coming soon