Some data about husk infections

Since I was kinda interested in how long it takes for me to FINALLY be able to infect someone else once started "huskifying", I conducted some testing on "huskification":

But first (since this thing COULD be considered yet another tutorial), the basics about "huskification", THEN the "nice" stuff. I am also going to talk about the curing of it and of what happens upon death of the host.

I differ the process of huskification into three stages:

1. Symptoms
2. The "Speechless" stage
3. Ovipositor stage

So first to number one: Symptoms

You enter this state the moment you got infected by a husk (In other words, when someone injected Velonaceps Calyx eggs into you), and in this stage, you get common symptoms of huskification (for example, soar throaths, hurting muscles etc.), yet there are no serious issues in this stage.

After a certain amount of time (more of that later), you enter the second stage, the "Speechless" stage:

In this one, you are completely hindered from using your chat, which keeps you from communicating with, infact, anyone.

Again, after a certain amount of time: You enter the third, and last stage, the Ovipositor stage.

In this one, the parasite matured, and is "allowing" you to use the very too´l that may or may not has infected you, to infect others, great!
Yet, while in this stage, your health gradually decreases, killing you after some time (More to that later, again).
HOWEVER, the parasite already adapted your body to the enviroment and you arent in need of Oxygen anymore and Are immune to pressure. Ist has yet to he tested however whether that effect is instant or not.

So, I tested the whole process on a crew, while stopwatching the times of entering the 3 stages. I conducted three tests:
Spoiler
In the first test, the test subject infected itself withh the Velonaceps Calyx eggs, once. He immediately felt the prementioned symptoms.
After ~2:30 minutes, he entered the second stage, which muted him.
After another ~2:30 minutes, he entered stage three, and fell unconscious ~3 minutes and 10 seconds afterwards, dying ~1:10 minutes later. The parasite took over at that point.

In test number 2, the test subject injected himself with the eggs twice, inorder to find out if the amount of injections leads to a different time.

At ~2:25 to 2:30 minutes, he entered stage 2, after another 2:30 minutes, he entered stage 3.
It is not sure if the 5 second difference was caused by the amount of eggs injected.

In the third test, test subject number two infected test subject number three, and got terminated later on. Test subject number 3 entered stage 2 after ~2:25 to 2:30 seconds, and stage 3 2:30 seconds afterwards.
The test was conducted to find out if the origin or "age" of the eggs had any effect on the time needed for the process.

After a certain request, few more tests have been conducted, in order to find out if it is possible to "reanimate" corpses, by huskifiying them.
Test 1: Subject 1 Rendered unconscious (Shot several times using a harpoon gun) then injected with Velonaceps Calys eggs, while being on the verge of death.
Result: Shortly after the injection, the subject died and the parasite immediately took over. It is presumed that the speed at which the parasite matures depends on the life state of its host. (In other words, it matures extremely fast if its host dies.)

Test 2: Subject 2 killed using harpoon guns. Upon confirmed death, Velonaceps Calys eggs have been injected, in order to find out if the parasite can take over a host that died before the eggs got injected.
Result: Subject 2 did not reanimate after five minutes. Subject incinerated afterwards.

Test 3: Subject 1, whose parasite took control, has been killed using harpoon guns. His already infected corpse got injected with Velonaceps Calyx eggs, in order to find out if an already infected host can be reanimated by anothe injection of the egg.
Result: Subject 1 did not reanimate after five minutes. Subject incinerated afterwards.

Test 4: A husk has been killed using harpoon guns and injected with Velonaceps Calyx eggs after its death, in order to find out if its revelant if the injected corpse is a husk, thats freshly infected (Like subject 1) or has been controlled for a longer amount of time (As the common husks are presumed to be).
Result: The husk did not reanimate after five minutes. Husk incinerated afterwards
Death: Upon entering the third stage, the host continuosly takes damage, until, he falls unconcious, and dies, allowing the parasite to take over.
It was concluded that, whenever someone is infected, the immediate termination merely leads to the parasite taking control instantaniously, regardless of the stage the host is in at the moment, leading to possibly more infections, or deaths.

Curing: In stage 1, the process can be stopped immediately by injecting Calyxanide.
Upon stage 2, Calxanide will still provide a cure.
If someone entered stage three, Calyxanide proves to be ineffective, ultimately leading to the hosts death, and the parasite taking control.
Last edited by Frostdemon727 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi,

I'm Frost.