Re: Random Shuttle deaths

If I am not wrong, ist only happened with docking ports (the door ones) while walking through, so yea, hatches really Seem safer. (which explains the sometimes horrendous amount of corpses in subs with such shuttles, on the Same spot I wanna ask.

Funny enough though, it seems like one does get flung against the wall between these docking ports.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Yeah, flooding within the docking hatches and the pod(where the airlock fills up with pressurized water) is a bug that seems to be there sometimes and other times never there.
It becomes slightly imperative whenever having a submarine that it has atleast a couple pods, because some are bound to fill up with water.
Although, recently with the newer patches and updates, it's been getting better.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

What it seamed to me what people were experiencing in my case was the character model positions and vectors not being transferred across from ship to ship properly. Anyways death I think was caused by trauma, or "fall damage". I may not be explaining things clearly or correctly. I can post server logs if that helps.

Hoss wrote:What it seamed to me what people were experiencing in my case was the character model positions and vectors not being transferred across from ship to ship properly. Anyways death I think was caused by trauma, or "fall damage". I may not be explaining things clearly or correctly. I can post server logs if that helps.
Theres a chance it could just be standard desync.
When players press and hold the S key to get down ladders quicker, they also have gravity helping them go faster, if they don't stop on a ledge they'll have their force x2 by the time they hit the floor, usually resulting in blood loss or blunt trauma. Sometimes, desync can multiply this further.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

I think I may have figured out how to decrease chance of random death while crossing over different grids.
Its all about the "hull" pieces not overlapping. So at your ports you just dont have the "hull" extend past the sprite of the door or hatch. This is not 100%. more testing is required. You can look at any HSE sub for example or i can post pictures if anyone wants me to, otherwise ill be lazy.