Is Barotrauma dead?

Hey guys, it's been a long while since I have played or been on the forum.

First off, this is not a hate post. I know that the team working on this game is very small (one guy?), so development is sure to be glacially slow. Despite the lack of resources, this is a game that I would love to see succeed, and was wondering how development was progressing?

I haven't seen any updates since Halloween or so, and was wondering if development was still moving forwards.

Re: Is Barotrauma dead?

Omni wrote:Hey guys, it's been a long while since I have played or been on the forum.

First off, this is not a hate post. I know that the team working on this game is very small (one guy?), so development is sure to be glacially slow. Despite the lack of resources, this is a game that I would love to see succeed, and was wondering how development was progressing?

I haven't seen any updates since Halloween or so, and was wondering if development was still moving forwards.
it's not dead
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

Nope, it's still progressing slowly but surely. I've been pretty busy with my studies (writing my final thesis atm) and a part-time job at a game startup which has been going through some big changes recently, but we've still made quite a lot of progress with rewriting the netcode with juanjpro. Speaking of which, I'll be making a blog post about the new netcode and Steam Greenlight this week... ;)

And btw there's been a few updates since halloween, the latest one in December.

Regalis wrote:Nope, it's still progressing slowly but surely. I've been pretty busy with my studies (writing my final thesis atm) and a part-time job at a game startup which has been going through some big changes recently, but we've still made quite a lot of progress with rewriting the netcode with juanjpro. Speaking of which, I'll be making a blog post about the new netcode and Steam Greenlight this week... ;)

I had so much fun playing Barotrauma with my six friends today that I just had to come over here!
Please never abandon this gem, I hope this game is as soon as possible on Steam, can't wait to give you my money and play with more people around the world! :laugh:
This game is already a classic to me. :P

Regalis wrote:Nope, it's still progressing slowly but surely. I've been pretty busy with my studies (writing my final thesis atm) and a part-time job at a game startup which has been going through some big changes recently, but we've still made quite a lot of progress with rewriting the netcode with juanjpro. Speaking of which, I'll be making a blog post about the new netcode and Steam Greenlight this week... ;)

Thanks for the reply and the new blog posts! This game has given me hours of fun, and I truly hope to see it succeed.

I made a post in early October (viewtopic.php?t=5622) about ideas that could push the emergent story design of this game. While I know that any of these features will probably be a few years away, I would love to hear your feedback about the direction this game is heading.

Good luck on your thesis, and congratulations on steam greenlight!

914 killed me wrote:hopefully dead i want my hero regalis to have all of his collaborative work destroyed on a big multiplayer project and have his dreams crushed. my hero!!!
Don't go on forums if you're just there to shit on them.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

914 killed me wrote:hopefully dead i want my hero regalis to work on big updste on scp or a reboot (he said he might do on of those two things some day)
yeah don't come here just to say 'fuck this game, go work on another game'
or if you are going to say that - have a good reason.

as I see it - there's no reason.
no clear owner on SCP foundation so there's copyright issues, weird modification that probably won't go on steam either again cause of copyright issues, basically no future.

barotrauma, accepted on steam greenlight, growing community, there's no reason to NOT work for it.
and there's also the financial benefit that is generated from hard work for barotrauma, as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma