Need help with engine power

So I tried to find a way to improve a vanilla sub I like. The thing in particular was a way to reduce energy surges when using the engine. I found a way that greatly reduces it to the point it no longer turns off and on the navigation screen and it barely affects the lights as well.

I separated the engine from the main grid and made it run on battery power alone, sort of. The battery gets power from the main grid but it delivers its charge to a relay component and then to the engine.

It worked ok for like half a trip but then the component would always break down. So I tried by replacing the relay component with a Junction Box instead and tried the same concept... same results. The Junction Box would also break down after a while. There was a case it even caused a fire. I checked the Power and Load displayed in it and it doesn't even go past 3k in both cases so it must be something else I'm missing. :?

Re: Need help with engine power

chikoeduardo wrote:So I tried to find a way to improve a vanilla sub I like. The thing in particular was a way to reduce energy surges when using the engine. I found a way that greatly reduces it to the point it no longer turns off and on the navigation screen and it barely affects the lights as well.

I separated the engine from the main grid and made it run on battery power alone, sort of. The battery gets power from the main grid but it delivers its charge to a relay component and then to the engine.

It worked ok for like half a trip but then the component would always break down. So I tried by replacing the relay component with a Junction Box instead and tried the same concept... same results. The Junction Box would also break down after a while. There was a case it even caused a fire. I checked the Power and Load displayed in it and it doesn't even go past 3k in both cases so it must be something else I'm missing. :?
it could be happening when there is fast change in load, battaries output too much and box overloads
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect