Trolls are a very serious issue.

I am getting tired of this.

Every time I join a mission, there is always one troll. Its probably going to end up making players leave the game. We really need a fix to trolls. UCN doesn't work because there aren't many players. Any solutions? You could make a whitelist server, but once again, not many people play this game.

(P.S Trolls seem to be often Russian, or have basic names like Jake or Derick)

Re: Trolls are a very serious issue.

ReptileMonster wrote:I don't quite understand the issue. What do the trolls do? We need a little more information, so they can deal with the situation.
Trolls/Griefers exist in almost every round. Its simply a person who just enjoys ruining everyone game for there own fun. They normally go around killing everyone on board, or breaking holes in the submarine. Due to these trolls, no one can experience any game play. Other than that they ruin other peoples game, it may make people want to quit and not play, making an already small community smaller.

The guy playing with basic names was me, I also play as Danger.
Trolling and griefing is an art and I gotta say, I'm proud of my work. If the security officers and the rest of the crew is incompetent enough as to allow a single guy to ruin a mission, then they deserve to fail, that's all. I'm just doing God's work, by getting rid of the dumb.

TotallyNotJackieBoy wrote:The guy playing with basic names was me, I also play as Danger.
Trolling and griefing is an art and I gotta say, I'm proud of my work. If the security officers and the rest of the crew is incompetent enough as to allow a single guy to ruin a mission, then they deserve to fail, that's all. I'm just doing God's work, by getting rid of the dumb.
Darwinism at it's finest. (But nah, at this point trolling and griefing are part of the game. Personally, as long as they're more creative than 'omg, round has started, lets blow up the reactor and disconnect instantly.' I only set the ban to an hour. If you don't want griefing, make a private server, it's not too difficult to manage, and human psychology simply isn't something the developers can fix :p)

Trolls are indeed a very serious problem, but don't ever let them ruin your fun just keep moving on because like time, they too will be forgotten.
Esoudiere wrote:Darwinism at it's finest. (But nah, at this point trolling and griefing are part of the game. Personally, as long as they're more creative than 'omg, round has started, lets blow up the reactor and disconnect instantly.' I only set the ban to an hour. If you don't want griefing, make a private server, it's not too difficult to manage, and human psychology simply isn't something the developers can fix :p)
Esou here has a point, nothing you do will fix a troll, what you could do is either ask a friend to host a private server or do it yourself.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Griefers never should be considered a part of this game!
They are utmost fun killers, a huge turndown to the online game and ruin it for everyone and it does not matter if it is right at the start of a game or a little in.

When the first idea for a new sub design is anti-griefer that should say enough about just how much of a PITA such disturbed individuals are for public server play.

Sure, we cannot fix them but we can do make it hard or next to impossible for them to keep it on here.
Private servers only are one of the fairly obvious ways to do so. Along with IP range banlists or better yet whitelisting as also already employed by some
being arguably the most effective tools for sure.
Hence I am interested in every server ops's white- or blacklists when your (whitelisted) users consent to sharing (which they should because the detriment of using these
ultimate weapons is of course the segregation and shielding from the decent public oriented player- and serverbase).

What was UCN meant to stand for?

Finally: Is there an IRC hangout or do most server admins / groups use Discord (which I would rather not have to install/use if possible).

Esoudiere wrote: Darwinism at it's finest. (But nah, at this point trolling and griefing are part of the game. Personally, as long as they're more creative than 'omg, round has started, lets blow up the reactor and disconnect instantly.' I only set the ban to an hour. If you don't want griefing, make a private server, it's not too difficult to manage, and human psychology simply isn't something the developers can fix :p)
Yeah, I have the same line of thought. Blowing up the reactor or unwiring everything on the sub as soon as the round starts is the scummiest thing a guy can do in this game, there's no fun or challenge in doing so.
My idea of griefing and modus operant is basically killing or jailing the security officers(let's be truthful here, most of them are cunts who pick the class just to to kill people with no consequences. In all my time playing this game I have seen security officers being useful and actually fulfiling their roles like 3-4 times), taking over their weapons and then holding the crew hostage for my personal amusement, I try my hardest to not kill, but sometimes I have to do it if the crew gets too feisty.
Other times I just go crazy and stealthly kill everyone on the sub just because I can.
Sometimes the crew is smart and someone stabs me with poison or manages to capture me and that's fine, it's part of the game.

I'm surprised at how many people in here freely admit to going in to public servers just to ruin everyone else's fun.

If your form of trolling is such an art, how come nobody appreciates it, even your peers?

Stick to games that have traitors enabled or start a private server.