Low FPS problem

I really like this game, but mostly, on big ships, or when the ship crashes onto something, or just randomly I have very low FPS, something like 2-3 frames per second. It's alright on standard ships though. How could I possibly fix this problem, other than buying a new videocard? Playing on laptop.

Re: Low FPS problem

Vladislav wrote:I really like this game, but mostly, on big ships, or when the ship crashes onto something, or just randomly I have very low FPS, something like 2-3 frames per second. It's alright on standard ships though. How could I possibly fix this problem, other than buying a new videocard? Playing on laptop.
you can't. game is not the issue, your laptop is
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

Re: Low FPS problem

It's not your video card and the game does have some obvious performance issues at the moment that I'm sure with time will be worked on.

the video card is not utilised much by this game and monogame skips draw calls if the update loop is falling behind, even players using modern hardware will at times have it "Fall behind".

hitting 2FPS is a sign you don't have enough processing power on a single core normally, that or your laptop really is old enough to lack in the graphics (Such as integrated intel).

There is not really a workaround for this, larger subs (And sub versus sub) will generally increase the resources the game needs.

I get low FPS stuttering now and again with a 12 core processor and a GTX 970, using 32GB ram. though it takes more overkill such as 20 creatures on screen or considerable levels of chaos (Damage/fires/corpses around and lots of physics checks).

the longer your game falls behind the longer it takes to "Catch" up as a signature of monogame's catch-up of lost update calls. so to my understanding the frame rate lag has to "Unwind".
Host of ARS (A Random Server)