Re: Spawning characters in docked shuttles

If you try to spawn them in a place, where there is supposed a shuttle to be docking and there is no shuttle, than characters will get instakilled. Place spawnpoints near docking ports inside the mother ship.

If you want to make any spawn point for a different profession, type full profession name like:

Assistant- for assistant type "Assistant"

Medical Doctor- for medical doctor type "Medical Doctor"
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:If you try to spawn them in a place, where there is supposed a shuttle to be docking and there is no shuttle, than characters will get instakilled. Place spawnpoints near docking ports inside the mother ship.
What???? Confused what you're talking about here.
rico6822 wrote: If you want to make any spawn point for a different profession, type full profession name like:

Assistant- for assistant type "Assistant"

Medical Doctor- for medical doctor type "Medical Doctor"
Already done. Doesn't work.

Seems that original message wasn't clear enough. My question is about this situation:
I want captain and cargo to spawn on the smaller vessel while the rest of the crew on the bigger one. I created proper spawnpoints where needed.
But instead of expected behavior I got people spawning randomly on vessels, those crewmen who spawn on the big ship spawn at the appropriate points, but those who lucked out and spawned in shuttle get spawned in either of captain or cargo spawnpoints. Captain spawns sometimes where he should spawn and sometimes on the big ship.

If you have just put a spawnpoint for any profession, even classified profession can spawn there.

By default people spawns randomly, where it is only possible. They may spawn either on classified spawnpoints or unclassified.

Remove unclassified spawnpoints. Recreate them for assistants or playing as assistants will be restricted.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:If you have just put a spawnpoint for any profession, even classified profession can spawn there.

By default people spawns randomly, where it is only possible. They may spawn either on classified spawnpoints or unclassified.

Remove unclassified spawnpoints.
I don't have any spawnpoints with "None" profession, if you're talking about that.
rico6822 wrote:Recreate them for assistants or playing as assistants will be restricted.
You're wrong, thats not how spawning works at all. Any profession can spawn on any spawnpoint if there is no proper spawnpoint for it. If you only place a cargo spawnpoint on the ship your whole crew will spawn there. Its just that I have the proper spawnpoints on the big ship but crewmen still spawn on the captain's spawnpoint in the shuttle. By proper spawnpoints this whole time I meant spawnpoints with professions specified placed in each profession's restricted area such as Security's spawnpoint in armory or M.D.s spawnpoint in medbay.

You've probably figured it out by now, but after a few minutes of testing I found that this seems to work:
Spoiler
Sorry for dark screenshot, but yeah I just moved the captains spawn to the nibbler in the editor...
Just placing your spawn in your MAIN sub to where the shuttle will be, this turns making exact placements into a Trial and Error I guess...