Can't connect to remote host

Hello! I tried recently to create my own BaroTrauma server, and it worked.. on my modem Default Gateway IP (192.168.0.xxx) (xxx=3 numbers) . After I started the server and everything I waited for players to join.. like 5 mins or something... No one joined, I tried to reconnect my server from public server list, and it says remote host can not connect.

But the good part is that i found the problem, but I don't know how to fix the problem.

I can connect on my Default GateWay IP from my modem, but i can't connect with my original IP, and in public server list my server have my original IP, not the Modem One.

Do anyone knows how to fix the problem?

If you don't understand very well, i'm sorry, i'm Romanian, but I can re-explain and give photos if need.

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Howdy, John!

Let me break it down from the beginning.

Your default gateway IP (192.168.0.xxx) is just your LOCAL computer IP Address, meaning only those connected to your personal internet connection are able to connect through it. In order to have other people join your server, they will need to use your public IP Address. To find out what that is, just google "what is my IP," and it should show up for you in Google.

Next, you need to do something called Port Forwarding in order to allow people to join your server. Now, I wish I could help with this, but Port Forwarding is different for everyone. What you need to do is log into your router settings and forward the port from there. Typically, to access your router settings, you type your local IP in your internet browser address bar, and it will bring you to a login screen. Your local IP will be listed on the bottom of your router, and it will likely be either 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1

Once you arrive at the login screen for your router, you need to log in. If you've never done this before, the login information will be default. This, again, is different for every router. Try googling the default login information for your router. Typically, the password is usually "password" or "admin," and the login name is usually either "admin" or "cusadmin"

Once you manage to log in, you need to find your Port Forwarding settings. This is usually under a tab labeled "Advanced," but again, this is different for every router. Mine is under "Basic," then "Port Forwarding."

Once you get to your Port Forwarding settings, you need to add Barotrauma to the list. This part is different for all routers as well, and I am not able to explain it very well as it differs so much, but essentially, what you are trying to do is forward the ports 14242-14242. This is the default barotrauma port.

For my router, I need to hit "Add Rule," then add the ports "14242-14242," then I need to add my local PC's IP. The Local PC IP is dynamic, so it can change, but you should be able to find yours in your router settings. Mine changes, but it currently is at 192.168.0.13, for example's sake.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to explain everything thoroughly. It's just the nature of different routers. If you're not able to forward your ports from this tutorial, try looking up another tutorial on youtube that uses the same brand of router that you have.

Good luck!

TCP&UDP is correct, forward that one.

When you host a barotrauma server through the game, are you hosting under that same port, 14242?

Double check that your IP address you have forwarded the port to is the one your PC is listed under.

Other than that, I've got nothing for ya, sorry man.

Zacho wrote:TCP&UDP is correct, forward that one.

When you host a barotrauma server through the game, are you hosting under that same port, 14242?

Double check that your IP address you have forwarded the port to is the one your PC is listed under.

Other than that, I've got nothing for ya, sorry man.

I did everything correct, and ya, is the same port.. I can't do nothing right now..

Probably Romanian servers are forbidden or don't have a connection.