Assisant are useless

Well known fact, They should either be buffed or removed entirely. Right now it serves no purpose. Maby if assistant could become more like a professional diver role. That would help with salvaging artifacts or support outside the sub(repairs or recovery or anything). IF you guys got any idea's or suggestions for assistant let it be known. Mabey devs will find a good idea form it.

Re: Assisant are useless

Yeah, assistants are a remnant from the SS13 roots of the game. In SS13, Assistants are essentially nobodies, just like in BT. In SS13, though, you've got 100+ people on the server, and a lot more shit to do, even if you have no access. The only reason to have assistants in BT is if you have a sub with like 20 people on it, imo, and the game just can't handle that many people yet.

I don't think they should be removed, though. Not sure what they'd be buffed to have, either. It's good to have a generic job at least available, even if it isn't quite useful just yet. If you've got suggestions on how to buff them, I'm all ears, I'll pass it on to the BT discord.

Zacho wrote:Yeah, assistants are a remnant from the SS13 roots of the game. In SS13, Assistants are essentially nobodies, just like in BT. In SS13, though, you've got 100+ people on the server, and a lot more shit to do, even if you have no access. The only reason to have assistants in BT is if you have a sub with like 20 people on it, imo, and the game just can't handle that many people yet.

I don't think they should be removed, though. Not sure what they'd be buffed to have, either. It's good to have a generic job at least available, even if it isn't quite useful just yet. If you've got suggestions on how to buff them, I'm all ears, I'll pass it on to the BT discord.
A idea for a buff might be that they spawn with all round better tools, mabey give them higher combat stat(lower then guard ofcours) so they have less of a problem with salvaging artifacts. or mabey let them spawn with some sort of crate to carry more stuff, so that he can actuely assist anyone. A buff idea also could be to make them able to carry body's faster or other items. The only real way a person with no stats can assist is by either doing something that is dangerous(if you die it wont be at the expense of a viable job) or carrying things and people. The carrying aspect would also be helpful for loading guns and what not. Since right now picking assistant is shooting yourself in the foot, If he had some speaciel stat's or perks that gives him a edge for assisting but right now hes a less useful anything

If crew members can be leveled up in future versions of the campaign, assistants suddenly make sense: You can hire them cheaply and then upgrade them in the directions you need, rather than being stuck with a single role. As for multiplayer games, all I can suggest is giving them the ability to use weapons, or at least the harpoon gun. Make them useful on a dive, to spare the security officers for the boat itself.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

JohnKarbel wrote:Actually I just played more with assistants, and I like the idea of them assisting one special role, for example I was assisting the captain, I had access to everything he had, doors and etc.

It is not that bad.
Not saying it sucks to assist, Iam saying that you could do that with any other role. There should be a benefit for assisting with the assisting, else its better to simply pick security and assist him(BTE does it in a smart way tbh)