Smaller and quicker tutorial.

If you want to help with the development of Barotrauma by offering ideas, suggestions, assets or anything else, this is the right place.
ReptileMonster
Guard

Smaller and quicker tutorial.

Postby ReptileMonster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 am

I've been trying to learn the concepts of the game, but I find the tutorial slow, confusion, and flat out too long. while it does show what conditions you'll have to deal with, I feel like that could be learned just by experience alone., and that the tutorial could just show you more of the basics then anything and just foreshadow what you'll have to deal with. Also, increase the speed of the sub and the amount of power produced to speed things up a little bit. those are my thoughts. let me know what you think.
:duck:

etet2
Technician

Re: Smaller and quicker tutorial.

Postby etet2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:03 pm

ReptileMonster wrote:I've been trying to learn the concepts of the game, but I find the tutorial slow, confusion, and flat out too long. while it does show what conditions you'll have to deal with, I feel like that could be learned just by experience alone., and that the tutorial could just show you more of the basics then anything and just foreshadow what you'll have to deal with. Also, increase the speed of the sub and the amount of power produced to speed things up a little bit. those are my thoughts. let me know what you think.

increasing amount of power will overload junctions, there is no point. it won't speed up anything. but i agree tutorial needs changes. first time i played i spent 5 minutes looking for bridge

QuickLoad
Guard

Postby QuickLoad » Thu May 11, 2017 6:54 am

the truth is..
tutorial teaches bare basics, and i mean BARE BARE basics.
for the actual basics you need to join multiplayer and find a competent team/player that'll teach yo how to play the game.

the good news is that if you ever have questions you can ask for help here or barotrauma steam group(which will most likely be faster).
the community is quite good.

etet2
Technician

Postby etet2 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 am

QuickLoad wrote:the truth is..
tutorial teaches bare basics, and i mean BARE BARE basics.
for the actual basics you need to join multiplayer and find a competent team/player that'll teach yo how to play the game.

the good news is that if you ever have questions you can ask for help here or barotrauma steam group(which will most likely be faster).
the community is quite good.

Or even faster in discord

Return to “Collaboration”