More AI commands an AI submarines?

So, i am having some problems with the choice of Ai crew commands:

Yes they do work well right know and they do good with powering the reactor up or shutting it down.
They also do work good with the railguns.
Yet, it still doesnt feel like your part of a crew, because still you have to do 75% of the things needed (like steering and reloading the railguns,( i know the gunner does it when its empty, but its time consuming and he only gets one, shoots the railgun and THEN gets the other)), because there are some commands "missing".

So i've got a few suggestions:

Maybe, when you give the command to operate a railgun, there is a third option called "Reload". Here, the crew member doesnt operate it, but just gets a railgun-, or nuclear shell (so there should be two options, like
"reload railgun shell" and "reload nuclear shell") stands near the loader and, whenever it is shot, reloads it.

Another one may be that a crew member, preferably the captain, can be told to steer the ship (which would work as an MUCH better autopilot, whcih does NOT throw the submarine into the next wall nearby). That may also help, if you want to change to the captain, so you dont have to get him go to the terminal. (As the captain always unselects the terminal and (if not told to wait) walks away, to the other side of the sub.

And a last suggestion is as command, which forces the character, to get an diving suit, go to the airlock, and get an artifact that is nearby (like 50m or so).

Edit: Oh, thats embarassing, i forgot something: I also wanted to suggest, while You Are hopefully working on a possibility of having multiple subs in a map (which move Independently), that You Are gonna add the possibility of AI submarines (These Are then loaded from the Submarine Folder of the game) with an AI controlled crew also going around in the ocean and completing mission (thus there could be the possibility of missions "mixing" together, so they can be 2 Molochs at a time.) You would be payed for helping them completing their task And You also could pay them to help completing your task.

So, that should REALLY be everything.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Re: More AI commands an AI submarines?

I would like the helping event. Imagine a submarine getting rammed by Moloch, crew half dead and bridge is fortified by engineers, sec and cap. And then you appear and they start signaling you SOS and you come and beat the Moloch. Crew starts fixing the hull if they can, pump out the water and then pay you. OR you can kill the Moloch, kill the crew of the other sub and raid them.

Re: More AI commands an AI submarines?

I'd like to see a menu for an A.I. mech constructor. So, for instance you want to automate the production of railgun shells. There would be a gui menu with:

Name of item
A drop down with the options: Make x, Maintain stock of x, make forever
Store in*: A way of marking a contain/drop on ground

*for the store in option, perhaps the containers could actually be named in the sub editor and then a drop down menu could appear, or maybe a way of naming rooms

Also, continuing from the above note, an transport items to command would be great. As in, the mech could drop the products on the ground and a assistant would then move it to the relevant room or storage.