Re: Creature mode

Sounds like an simple idea, yet I can already hear the people crying about the fact that they cant become coelanth/thresher/moloch/endworm, so I guess that you CAN spawn as them, but it has to be enabled.

Also the 3-5 minutes are WAY to short. It should be around 15 minutes or so, in my opinion.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:Sounds like an simple idea, yet I can already hear the people crying about the fact that they cant become coelanth/thresher/moloch/endworm, so I guess that you CAN spawn as them, but it has to be enabled.

Also the 3-5 minutes are WAY to short. It should be around 15 minutes or so, in my opinion.
dude 15 minutes is like the duration of a whole round, maybe 5 to 10 minutes depending on how fast you died?

also I thought about it a little more and it could be good that if this becomes a thing then monsters could have a chat, say for example :

m;

or maybe just use the spectator chat and that's it, to make it even more simple, also it's true that about people crying about not being able to be a Moloch, maybe host could choose what monsters you can spawn as?

QuickLoad wrote:The only issue for this is we get... player-friendly creatures.
Though, if regulated by the host, i don't see why not.
Another issue: As husks seem to also have an inventory, similar to humans and can also interact with everything, there is an chance that these husks also grief. It could happen like that:

Griefer overloads reactor and dies > he stays dead for 3 minutes > people fix the reactor > he respawns as husk > he overloads it again.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
QuickLoad wrote:The only issue for this is we get... player-friendly creatures.
Though, if regulated by the host, i don't see why not.
Another issue: As husks seem to also have an inventory, similar to humans and can also interact with everything, there is an chance that these husks also grief. It could happen like that:

Griefer overloads reactor and dies > he stays dead for 3 minutes > people fix the reactor > he respawns as husk > he overloads it again.
Most sub's need an ID card to open any door, husks dont spawn with ID's and thus usually cant do shit, especially with the shitty hull damage

What if instead the gamemode would be a monsters+, in which one player will be chosen to be Tiger Thresher or Moloch and the rest of them are tasked to destroy the sub. As we all know, Moloch can die easily when shot under the shell, so putting a player in the role of a Moloch makes it harder for the crew to counter.

WarlordToby wrote:What if instead the gamemode would be a monsters+, in which one player will be chosen to be Tiger Thresher or Moloch and the rest of them are tasked to destroy the sub. As we all know, Moloch can die easily when shot under the shell, so putting a player in the role of a Moloch makes it harder for the crew to counter.
Nice gamemode idea, yet obviously enough, it wouldnt be TOO hard to counter an moloch attack (*cough* *cough* nuke *cough*), so it may be better if an GROUP of players (ranging from 2 to 4, depedning on crew size, or adjustable by host) get set to different monster roles and gotta kill the sub/ protect an artfact/ protect an specific monster on the map. ( So basicly "counter-missions")
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:What if instead the gamemode would be a monsters+, in which one player will be chosen to be Tiger Thresher or Moloch and the rest of them are tasked to destroy the sub. As we all know, Moloch can die easily when shot under the shell, so putting a player in the role of a Moloch makes it harder for the crew to counter.
Nice gamemode idea, yet obviously enough, it wouldnt be TOO hard to counter an moloch attack (*cough* *cough* nuke *cough*), so it may be better if an GROUP of players (ranging from 2 to 4, depedning on crew size, or adjustable by host) get set to different monster roles and gotta kill the sub/ protect an artfact/ protect an specific monster on the map. ( So basicly "counter-missions")
That is why the players have to get creative, waiting to ambush the submarine by staying near walls, and in sonars you look like you would be part of the wall.
Also Endworm.