One Night of Ideas: Co-Op Campaign and New Artifact

So there was this one night that I couldn't sleep and I played Barotrauma all day, all the fucking day playing with some awesome dudes talking about drugs and sex, and I remembered this one guy that said ''coop campaign when''
and I started thinking about it, about all of it, ALL of it.

How to start a Co-Op Campaign :

>HOST SERVER
>tick the ''Co-Op Campaign'' option and done
>choose submarine (this option will appear when you tick the Campaign option)

(it will be pretty much like singleplayer, you get to see the map but only captain can select where to go, you can click the missions to see what they are about)

DONE, as simple as that, now, who has the power in this thing? the host of course, host is cursed to be captain, but he can pass the curse to another player if he wants and the player can't say no, just because it's fun to make another human being suffer. Actually the one that has the power is the captain, he decides where to go, what to do (pretty much where to go), what to buy, but he can't assign jobs, you choose your own job (except captain), and if you die you don't have to be hired again, because that would be pretty shit, the only thing is that you are doomed to have the same stats over and over again (but when you disconnect and join again then your stats get restarted).

Player list will be shown in the left side of the screen, and below that, is the ''settings'' (for host), in the settings, host has the option to save the game and load a game, it will save items bought, credits, where you are (map location), where the items are (if a person took an item and that person is not online then the item he took gets back to it's original place, this will also happen if another player took it and the person that originally took it it's online, it will go back to it's original place, it would be a little fucky, but it's the best I can think of) and the upgrades but everyone will have to vote for that, for example ''Captain wants to buy Hull Upgrade 1, agree? Yes No ...

DID SOMEBODY SAID UPGRADES??? ... ... ... OH YEAH BABY I SAID UPGRADES (also in singleplayer)

you can upgrade almost anything, from your fucking hull to your sexy tools, you can upgrade it baby ahhh yeeeeee

all the upgrades you have and can buy are shown in market>upgrades

LET'S BEGIN SHALL WE?

Upgraded Hull 1: 25% more damage resistance, 10% collition reduction, 5% slower repair, the tiles in the submarine are greyish, costs 10.000 credits

Upgraded Hull 2 : 50% more damage resistance, 20% collition reduction, 10% slower repair, the tiles in the submarine are grey now, costs 15.000 credits

Upgraded Hull 3 : 75% more damage resistance, 30% collition reduction, 15% slower repair, the tiles are dark grey now, costs 20.000 credits

Upgraded Windows : 40% more damage resistance, costs 7.000 credits

Upgraded Railgun 1 : 30% more damage, 20% less energy consumption per shot, costs 15.000 credits

Upgraded Railgun 2 : 60% more damage, 40% less energy consumption per shot, costs 30.000 credits

Upgraded Nuclear Reactor : Reactor is now ATOMIC REACTOR, 50% faster heat generation, 20% slower cooldown, 10% more fuel consumption, takes more time to explode, won't cooldown underwater, more bigger and powerful explotion, costs 20.000 credits

Upgraded Junction Boxes : 40% more water resistance, costs 8.000 credits

Upgraded Batteries and Supercapacitors : 40% faster recharging, costs 12.000 credits

Upgraded Oxygen Generator : 30% more Oxygen production, recharges Oxygen Tanks 50% faster, costs 12.000 credits

Upgraded Pumps : In/Out limit is now 150%/-150%, costs 8.000 credits

Upgraded Fabricator/Deconstructor/Medfabricator : 40% faster construction/deconstruction, costs 12.000 credits

Upgraded Navigation Console/Sonar/Minimap : Navigation Consoles and Sonars now send out 2 signals (or sound waves or whatever I don't really know how they work), Minimaps show people (and their names) and fire now (if there's any), costs 10.000 credits

Upgraded Engine : Force limit is now 125%/-125%

Upgraded Uniforms : costs 17.000 credits

engineer uniform : 2 extra space slots, 50% more fire resistance

mechanic uniform : same as engineer

medick uniform : 1 extra space slot (for pants and shirt), you can now store syringes and bandages in them

security officer uniform : 2 space slots added to vest and it now covers the pelvis area, security helmet has a breathing mask integrated now

captain uniform : 1 space slot added (for pants and shirt), the hat can control minds now (not really, just put that in the description)

clown suit and mask : you now have the power to induce fear in other's heart simply by just being there (again, it's fake, just put that in the description)

Upgraded Tools : costs 18.000 credits

upgraded welding tool : 40% faster repairing, uses welding fuel 20% more efficiently

upgraded plasma cutter : 30% faster griefing, uses oxygen tanks 15% more efficiently

upgraded headset radio : uses battery cells 30% more efficiently, increased range by 30%

upgraded wrenches : 20% faster button deattaching, 5% more damage

upgraded screwdrivers : can manually open doors (open wiring panel and click Open/Close)

upgraded extinguishers : uses oxygen or whatever 30% more efficiently

upgraded stun batons : uses battery cells 30% more efficiently, stuns are now 30% longer

upgraded handcuffs : handcuffs requiere high level ID's to remove (security officers, the captain)

upgraded medical syringe : uses chems more efficiently (for example, you could use a chem 4 times, now you can use it 6 times)

upgraded defribilator : I don't really know what this does and even if I guess right, the only thing I could think of is : uses battery cells 20% more efficiently

upgraded Med-Hud : the med-hud now tells what the person needs (for example in need of : Corrigodone and Fibriozone [or whatever it's called])

upgraded bandages : 20% more efficient use, it can now heal moderate wounds

upgraded diving mask : uses oxygen tanks 50% more efficiently

upgraded diving suit : uses oxygen tanks 40% more efficiently, 60% speed reduction (walking/running), 10% more fire resistance

upgraded handheld sonars : uses battery cells 20% more efficiently

upgraded scooters : uses battery cells 25% more efficiently, 10% more speed

upgraded harpoon guns : 20% more damage, 10% more shooting distance

upgraded bike horns : 100% louder HONKS

... WOW ... holy shit I think that's all of it... gosh my head feels funny... oh dude it's not even over yet... just 2 more things... YOU CAN DO IT DON'T FALL ASLEEP.

New Artifact : The Grimphone Artifact

so I was in this lonely server with Frostdemon727 and Remove Kebab, and we were talking about nazis and Obama and somehow we ended up talking about a new artifact, I think it all started with me, I said ''hey guys I've been thinking about a new artifact that CONTROLS MINDS'' and they were like ''oh wow dude that's super neato'', and we just kept talking about it, I don't know who suggested this but we decided for the name ''Grimphone'', and it kind of derailed from the original idea of controlling minds but I've been thinking just a little and I found a way to make it work, so basically, this artifact is a white metal sphere with glowing purple or dark purple lines, ... how do I say it? ... closing in? anyways I should make a drawing of it later, every 3 or 4 minutes, it will resurrect a corpse (random) turning it into a husk(without the diving suit) for 1 minute, before falling down as a corpse again, it interferes with the radio emitting some kind of signal that creates static, BUT this will only happen if it's in a lighted up room or area, when it's NOT in a lighted up room, the white color will turn grey and the purple lines will stop glowing, while in this state, it won't resurrect corpses, but it will ''call'' all the monsters in the map to the submarine and make them more aggressive (increased damage and speed [also it's properties won't activate until INSIDE the submarine since it would be really messy if you just call them when going back to the submarine]), so, what if it's ''activated'' but there are no corpses? when the 3 minute (or 4) ''signal'' is emitted to resurrect a corpse, but there are no corpses it will instead choose a random player and put him in a feral state (pretty much act like a husk, he will attack other players, break walls, etc) for 10 seconds, then it will pass out for about 15 or 20 seconds, it can't be deconstructed because mind control.

Idea by : fucking rob fuck, Frostdemon727 and Remove Kebab (I think there was another guy who suggested the name but I am not sure, sorry if you exist)

AND NOW, THE LAST OF MY IDEAS, ARE YOU READY?

Votekick : we need this right now

thanks for your time and tell me if I missed something in the upgrades and what you think about this giant pile of ideas

special thanks to Frostdemon727 and Remove Kebab for encouraging me to post this monster

Funny story : this is the 3rd time I tried to post this, the 1st time I ran out of time and I had to go somewhere, so I just left the PC on, so when I came back, I found my PC off, so I said : ''what? wHAT? WHAT?'' so I called my grandma since she was here while I wasn't, and she told me that she turned it off thinking that I forgot to turn it off, I love you grandma.

the 2nd time I was halfway done and it turned out I wasn't online so I just logged in and when I am back in the ''post a new topic'' thingy, IT WAS ALL GONE, ''god fucKING DAMN IT'', I punched my bed, cried myself to sleep in it, woke up, punched the wall, cried more because it hurt, sit again in my comfy PC chair, and ... start again, BUT I AM DONE, I FINALLY DID IT.

Thanks for reading this shit.

Re: One Night of Ideas: Co-Op Campaign and New Artifact

To be honest, those upgrades seem completely overpowered and kind of cheap. The artifact idea is cool but IIRC husks are meant to be parasite controlled, so perhaps it can attract husks to the sub instead, which may have the effect of infecting other people and turning them into husks too?

Back to upgrades, If there was going to be a co-op campaign I think you could take alot of them and change it to individual skill buffs. You could class screwdrivers, extinguishers, wrenches and the tools into a "maintenance" skill. As you complete missions, survive and have done some maintenence your skill increases and you get the upgrades as buffs depending on skill too.

Rick wrote:To be honest, those upgrades seem completely overpowered and kind of cheap. The artifact idea is cool but IIRC husks are meant to be parasite controlled, so perhaps it can attract husks to the sub instead, which may have the effect of infecting other people and turning them into husks too?

Back to upgrades, If there was going to be a co-op campaign I think you could take alot of them and change it to individual skill buffs. You could class screwdrivers, extinguishers, wrenches and the tools into a "maintenance" skill. As you complete missions, survive and have done some maintenence your skill increases and you get the upgrades as buffs depending on skill too.
yeah I really thought about it and the upgrades seem a bit extreme and as you say overpowered and cheap, about the artifact, yeah, you are right about husks being parasite controlled, perhaps maybe it should just resurrect corpses and make them husks but ''zombies''? I mean, they won't bite people, just attack them with their hands like enraged animals or some stuff like that.

I think you are getting mind control and necromancy bit messed up together there. Mind control would just take a control of a mind, adding objectives. Such as crewmember A uses Grimphone artifact on crewmember B. Crewmember B receives an objective they must accomplish at all cost, given by the artifact user. The usage of the artifact would cause the target to become stunned, and the planting of the objective into crewmember B's head would take... lets say 20 seconds.

WarlordToby wrote:I think you are getting mind control and necromancy bit messed up together there. Mind control would just take a control of a mind, adding objectives. Such as crewmember A uses Grimphone artifact on crewmember B. Crewmember B receives an objective they must accomplish at all cost, given by the artifact user. The usage of the artifact would cause the target to become stunned, and the planting of the objective into crewmember B's head would take... lets say 20 seconds.
Well, If I recall correctly, the Grimphone artifact was actually meant to turn people into an feral state, (Like an husk, for example)for a small amount of time, with them punching the walls, wrenching crewmates etc. And well, it also resurrects corpses in a similar way.

(I want to add to that, I thought it should be for 20 secs for corpses and 5 for alive persons, or even be like that: Diver gets infected, as he is dead and the artifact is still out there, and makes his way to it, using the tools he had in his inventory.
Once artifact is at sub, he makes his way to it too (follows the grimphone), gets inside, and as he gets to dry land, falls over and turns dead again, thus forcing all the corpses to stay at the sub, just about to "wake up" and break havoc.
Hi,

I'm Frost.