Slight changes to the medical system

It's great, being able to resuscitate people from near death is fucking amazing but there's a couple of things that could be better.

1. For this to work, remove health bars entirely, perhaps you could view your own (but I would like that not to be the case).
2. Injuries on yourself can be seen by the already in game damaged body parts, but bandaging would apply an image over.
3. Instead of the health bars, players have "Vitals", such as heartbeat, breathing, blood flow (veins or something)
4. Medical skill now dictates how easy it is to locate vitals, where medical doctors could detect a faint heartbeat from someone on the verge of death or the shallowest breaths, whereas low medical skill will only come up inconclusive after a certain time.
5. Perhaps CPR could damage players if performed wrong (still breathing but bleeding out/blunt trauma)

I suppose that's it, as of the moment the only real upside to being a doctor is the glasses and being able to fabricate medical supplies. You can pretty much tell why someone is lying on the floor at the edge of your screen by checking their health bar at the moment, and the deceased part is even easier to figure out.

Also; bonus suggestion to stop accidental button pressing from having them all over the bridge.

Re: Slight changes to the medical system

etet2 wrote:fifth is not realistic because i think if you going to work on the sub you should know how to perform first aid
That....has nothing to do with his suggestion, I think?

Well, anyway, it seems like performing CPR on a Person Suffering from (internal) bleeding does nothing Bad, yet I would Love to See the players "hump them to Death".
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote: yet I would Love to See the players "hump them to Death".
That already happens because people don't know the first thing about first aid and will do CPR for bleeding wounds. It's probably better to leave CPR alone; helping someone breathe shouldn't cause harm, but it shouldn't heal everything, and rightly so.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Warhawk wrote:
Frostdemon727 wrote: yet I would Love to See the players "hump them to Death".
That already happens because people don't know the first thing about first aid and will do CPR for bleeding wounds. It's probably better to leave CPR alone; helping someone breathe shouldn't cause harm, but it shouldn't heal everything, and rightly so.
True, I guess, you can consider it an fact, that most players don't Know how to treat things other than Oxygen deprivation.
Even more sad: They don't Even wanna atleast TRY to understand it.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

#5 was just meant to balance CPR out from a "this guy is limp on the ground better try CPR" to a last chance option. I'm sure advanced medicine is much better at helping people than brute force. Also gave me the idea of "Enriched oxygen tanks" or something similar, doctors could fabricate it to help with the resuscitation process, instead of letting them just breathe muggy submarine air. Although it seems like over complication, would still be cool.