New mission: Prisoner transport

I thought it would be interesting if there was a mission in which we'd actually transport people instead of cargo or artifacts. This mission is where you must transport very hostile inmate(s) from one place to another. Because they are hostile (and also criminals) they themselves would have a few objectives which could be:

-Killing everyone on the ship
-Attempting to escape the ship
-Destroying the ship (either by exploding the reactor or any other methods)
-Take control of the ship to head a certain direction (can be followed after killing everyone)
-Commit suicide

I imagine that those inmates would be wearing an orange suit with a designation number printed on their back and front and have tattoos. They may also hold concealed weapons (most commonly knives) or gadgets which can help them in their objectives, such as an electronic devices which may open doors).

This mission will give Security Officers more of an objective to fulfill, if they actually do it.

EDIT: This may additionally also introduce other human transport missions such as soldiers, civilians or persons of major importance
This could be bloody!

Re: New mission: Prisoner transport

TheOverseerOfAll wrote:I thought it would be interesting if there was a mission in which we'd actually transport people instead of cargo or artifacts. This mission is where you must transport very hostile inmate(s) from one place to another. Because they are hostile (and also criminals) they themselves would have a few objectives which could be:

-Take control of the ship to head a certain direction (can be followed after killing everyone)
-Commit suicide

I imagine that those inmates would be wearing an orange suit with a designation number printed on their back and front and have tattoos. They may also hold concealed weapons (most commonly knives) or gadgets which can help them in their objectives, such as an electronic devices which may open doors).

This mission will give Security Officers more of an objective to fulfill, if they actually do it.

EDIT: This may additionally also introduce other human transport missions such as soldiers, civilians or persons of major importance
This could be bloody!
OH MY GOD THIS IS AN AMAZING SUGGESTION.
There's already AI, I don't know if they're implemented for fighting but this would be amazing.
Some changes may be in place for 'Prisoner spawn location' or such, though.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

WarlordToby wrote:Your idea is awesome. Security Officers would have a job on those non-traitor rounds. One thing is bugging me; What stops the security officers from beating the shit out of the prisoners and searching them for any suspicious items?
In short: literally nothing, but an host, or other security officers
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:Your idea is awesome. Security Officers would have a job on those non-traitor rounds. One thing is bugging me; What stops the security officers from beating the shit out of the prisoners and searching them for any suspicious items?
In short: literally nothing, but an host, or other security officers
We really could use that MOTD popup window and have rules stated there and everyone would know what they can and what they can't do.

Security winning conditions:
-at least half of prisoners make it to the end
AND
-security is alive

Prisoners winning conditions:
-prisoner makes it to the end
AND EITHER
-all the crew is dead
OR
-more than half the prisoners are dead

Prisoners must start uncuffed. One of the prisoners must have a screwdriver, another one must have a wrench. Prisoners must have useful skills.
Security must get more crowd control measures, taser has already been mentioned in another thread, maybe tear gas granades (easily manufactured by doctors, they block vision and slow you down unless you wear a mask), doctors should get some stun to spray into ventilation so sec could enter a prison safely a few times.

I think this should make it fair and balanced for both sides. Secs will strive to keep prisoners and crew safe, prisoners will try to start the chaos.

Possible routes for prisoners:
-killing other prisoners
-allying with other prisoners to rewire the door with screwdriver (wire lamp to a door's set_state?) and run amok
-pretend to start killing each other and charge at sec who will enter the prison in an attempt to calm people down with a stun baton
-waiting till the shit starts and someone form the crew dies, for example ship might need some fixing and the only engi died and only a prisoner would have the skills.... sec will have to have a tight watch on the prisoner so he wouldn't escape.

Route for sec:
-cuffing all the prisoners early on, confiscating all the stuff like screwdrivers, only giving them things in emergency, like need of repairs or giving them masks to survive the flood
-have medic keep the prisoners asleep/keep them all stunned in the closed room somewhere until you need a few of them
-keeping watch of the traitor against attempts of cutting prison walls/secretly wiring wifi and remotely opening the door/blasting shit with c4 etc/walking in and opening the door.

QuickLoad wrote:
TheOverseerOfAll wrote:I thought it would be interesting if there was a mission in which we'd actually transport people instead of cargo or artifacts. This mission is where you must transport very hostile inmate(s) from one place to another. Because they are hostile (and also criminals) they themselves would have a few objectives which could be:

-Commit suicide

This could be bloody!
OH MY GOD THIS IS AN AMAZING SUGGESTION.
There's already AI, I don't know if they're implemented for fighting but this would be amazing.
Some changes may be in place for 'Prisoner spawn location' or such, though.
I thought that people might play as the prisoners
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jeboose/