Security/Traitor suggestions.

Security Suggestions

Taser - Ranged counterpart to the stun baton. Uses more power per shot when compared to the baton.

Holster - To go with the addition of the taser security armor has a slot or two for storage, much like the engineer's clothing.

Leg cuffs - Because prisoners like to run.

Pepper Spray - Does a negligible amount of damage and blinds the target, making them easier to subdue. Might irritate Europan wildlife.

Serrated Harpoon Spears - More damage. More expensive.

Net Gun (Yes I am stealing this from CrownTheSun) - Stuns Eurpoan wildlife and humans alike. The bigger the creature, the easier time it will have escaping the net. Larger creatures such as the endworm and moloch will obviously be immune to netting.

Traitor Suggestions

Smuggled Items - Similar to how SS13 uses a system of telecrystals to warp in items to help the traitor in his objective, the traitor in Barotrauma has a limited window of time to choose items he has smuggled in before boarding the submarine. Larger items will be more difficult to smuggle past security and therefore cost more 'points'. The amount of points should be higher the less security staff there are.

Revolver - Ranged weapon. Six shots. Highly damaging. Noisy. Security armor reduces damage greatly.

Silenced Pistol - Ranged weapon. Six shots. Less damage than the revolver. Silenced. Security armor completely stops damage.

Pistol Ammo - An extra six shots.

Revolver Ammo - An extra six shots.

Chemicals - Maybe chloral hydrate, maybe something a bit more deadly. Comes in a syringe.

The Wrench - Looks like an ordinary wrench, does a considerable amount more damage than the ordinary wrench.

Detonator and C4 - Goes boom.

Handcuff Key - Maybe something to hide in your jumpsuit. One time use that frees you from cuffs.

Rigged ID - Can open a random number of doors before it breaks and shocks you.

Grenades - Incendium will obviously cost more than stun.

False Oxygen Canister - Used for storing small items. Useless for actually breathing out of.

Helium Canister - Place in a random oxygen mask somewhere and hope your target wears it. They'll suffocate thinking they're breathing.

Stun Resistant Armor - No more getting shocked. Offers little protection against firearms or harpoons.

Body Armour - Quite obviously not what was issued to the security team. Shares all the same characteristics.

Power Bomb - Drains power from a junction box. When it reaches its cap it will blow up.

Re: Security/Traitor suggestions.

FawkesFTK wrote:Security Suggestions

Well, would probadly cause one to just drop of to the ground like a rock and thus, hinders them to move at all :/. to be honest, I would reather see an "ball o'chain" or some chain that keeps your foor to an space (like a wall, or if it gets added, an pipe) so you are stuck to an specific spot.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

FawkesFTK wrote:
QuickLoad wrote:These are all excellent suggestions but they'd need some balancing for sure.
I wouldn't mind seeing some of these in the game, though.
Explain what could use balancing mate, I'm curious.
Well, the harpoon gun already takes players out in 3-4 spears, that's without bleeding.
A revolver would take them out 1-2 shots easily, meaning you can take out 3-6 players and then some with ease.

Taser basically takes any negatives from the stun baton out, which are its range.

Grenades blow holes in the ship(and fragmentation grenades KILL people with ease), and it's very hard to stop anyone who's about to throw one.
etc.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

Frostdemon727 wrote:

Well, would probadly cause one to just drop of to the ground like a rock and thus, hinders them to move at all :/. to be honest, I would reather see an "ball o'chain" or some chain that keeps your foor to an space (like a wall, or if it gets added, an pipe) so you are stuck to an specific spot.
If you get hit by a baton it does the same thing. Once cuffs are on you you're fucked anyways.

QuickLoad wrote:
FawkesFTK wrote:
QuickLoad wrote:These are all excellent suggestions but they'd need some balancing for sure.
I wouldn't mind seeing some of these in the game, though.
Explain what could use balancing mate, I'm curious.
Well, the harpoon gun already takes players out in 3-4 spears, that's without bleeding.
A revolver would take them out 1-2 shots easily, meaning you can take out 3-6 players and then some with ease.

Taser basically takes any negatives from the stun baton out, which are its range.

Grenades blow holes in the ship(and fragmentation grenades KILL people with ease), and it's very hard to stop anyone who's about to throw one.
etc.
I suggested the serrated harpoons for the harpoon gun's intended purpose: Killing crawlers, mantids, and maybe threshers if you have enough firepower.

Gun's are meant for killing people. Harpoons are not.

Taser costs more energy per shot, which means you either chase people down or keep charging a lot of batteries.

Yes, that's what grenades do. You get the same effect by charging into the generator room and cranking up the temperature limit or rigging C4 by a window. It's nothing new, as even without the equipment I'm suggesting griefers already have the tools to fuck the submarine over in less than five minutes.

FawkesFTK wrote:
Frostdemon727 wrote:

If you get hit by a baton it does the same thing. Once cuffs are on you you're fucked anyways.
Yet well, with leg cuffs, you wont be capable of standing up at all, when stunned, you get cuffed, stand up and can run away, yet with leg cuffs transportation is extremely hindered.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
FawkesFTK wrote:
Frostdemon727 wrote:
Yet well, with leg cuffs, you wont be capable of standing up at all, when stunned, you get cuffed, stand up and can run away, yet with leg cuffs transportation is extremely hindered.
When you've done bad you've done bad. At that point you're just fucked and you'll have to put up with whatever the security team/captain deems is a fitting punishment.