Frostdemon727 wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:Yeah, it usually goes like

- Captain
- One security officer
- No doctor
- Lots and lots of engineers
- Few mechanics

This would be nice.

haha, not a few, ONE mechanic. Actually, this "one mech, 7 engi" thing was actually the reason I posted this suggestion, everything literally gets literally out of hand (not to mention that most of these engineers dont do/know their job, ASSISTANT IS THERE FOR A REASON).
The hordes of blue/yellowsuits seem to be the game's fault, not the players. Also there is litteraly 0 reason to go assistant ever, considering engi/mech can be assistants but able to do something, unless you mean so actual useful people get the 1 engi/mech slot?

Re: Editable Job limitations

Rick wrote:
Frostdemon727 wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:Yeah, it usually goes like

- Captain
- One security officer
- No doctor
- Lots and lots of engineers
- Few mechanics

This would be nice.

haha, not a few, ONE mechanic. Actually, this "one mech, 7 engi" thing was actually the reason I posted this suggestion, everything literally gets literally out of hand (not to mention that most of these engineers dont do/know their job, ASSISTANT IS THERE FOR A REASON).
The hordes of blue/yellowsuits seem to be the game's fault, not the players. Also there is litteraly 0 reason to go assistant ever, considering engi/mech can be assistants but able to do something, unless you mean so actual useful people get the 1 engi/mech slot?
Well, yeah, thats what I meant, assistant is there for someone who doesnt know his job, simple. I mean, of out of 7 engineers only 2 know how to fix stuff, wouldnt You think The others fit into assistant as well?
Hi,

I'm Frost.

No, there would be no reason for the people you want to be assistant not to go mechanic.

Assistant = nothing with no upside
Mechanic = faster welding with no downside

The only problem is when the horde of shitters get put into the engineer slot and don't know how to fix anything, whilst the good guy is now mechanic and can't repair.

Rick wrote:No, there would be no reason for the people you want to be assistant not to go mechanic.

Assistant = nothing with no upside
Mechanic = faster welding with no downside

The only problem is when the horde of shitters get put into the engineer slot and don't know how to fix anything, whilst the good guy is now mechanic and can't repair.
The voice of truth there. Do people even bother with the tutorial? I mostly learned all that by myself while playing SP, and now i know pretty much everything.
I think we should blame the availability of the job somehow? Or try to enlighten minds by saying "Stop going Engineer if you don't know what the heck you are doing."

Well, since The number two on The job preference board is engineer by Standard, I would say that The number 2 Position is The reason This happens, since everyone changes something to first (mostly sec and med) but let The number two spot be The engineer, and dont change it (or they dont change The preference Order at all) and thus, become an engineer.

So basicly You could basicly change The no. 2 spot to mechanic on default, and we would have an overflow of mechanics. Set it on assistant, and we got lots of assistants.

Judging by that, its the preference order's "fault".
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:Well, since The number two on The job preference board is engineer by Standard, I would say that The number 2 Position is The reason This happens, since everyone changes something to first (mostly sec and med) but let The number two spot be The engineer, and dont change it (or they dont change The preference Order at all) and thus, become an engineer.

So basicly You could basicly change The no. 2 spot to mechanic on default, and we would have an overflow of mechanics. Set it on assistant, and we got lots of assistants.

Judging by that, its the preference order's "fault".
I think the system should be like

High Pri Medium Pri Low Pri
- - Cap
- - Engi
- - Mechanic

Etc, so that you change the preference by moving the job to higher priority.