Editable Job limitations

Since on some servers and subs things like welders are limited or the sub has its own "job limits", I think it would be an nice addition if the host would be capable of editing the job limitations in the settings screen while hosting.

This way, there would be the possibility of the crew being orgnazied in a way, that perfectly fits the sub itslef. For example = 1 captain spawn with his two security officers in a four player room, while two medical doctors spawn inside their room. 4 engineers and mechanics spawn each in their room. And now that the job limitations of engineers and mechanics is 4, there is 1 assistant in the captains room, and 2 in the medical spawn room.

So yeah, in short, the host shouldb be capable of changing the job limitations.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Re: Editable Job limitations

What should be made is a system which detects if a job's spawn point is present on the selected submarine which, compared to this, would be more convenient for both the players and the host's choice of job. It would work by replacing your no. 1 job preference as you spawn in game with another if there is no specific spawn point available for it. For instance, you want to play as a medic on a submarine that is not up to date, therefore bearing no Medical Doctor spawn points. The game would then quickly change your job to another, such as an engineer or mechanic (as they are most commonly available on submarines).

EDIT: This, of course, is mainly referring to multiplayer gameplay. Single player would be something else.

TheOverseerOfAll wrote:What should be made is a system which detects if a job's spawn point is present on the selected submarine which, compared to this, would be more convenient for both the players and the host's choice of job. It would work by replacing your no. 1 job preference as you spawn in game with another if there is no specific spawn point available for it. For instance, you want to play as a medic on a submarine that is not up to date, therefore bearing no Medical Doctor spawn points. The game would then quickly change your job to another, such as an engineer or mechanic (as they are most commonly available on submarines).

EDIT: This, of course, is mainly referring to multiplayer gameplay. Single player would be something else.
Well, I am also talking about multiplayer, since in singleplayer there arent any limits anyway (for example, you could kill the mech and engineer and get yourself like 15 addidtional captains.) you can CHOOSE what job comes inside, since you are in control of it.

Anyway, your system actually is pretty neat, as it effectively avoids the "non-updated sub" -problem (Even though it doesnt happen quite often anymore
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
TheOverseerOfAll wrote:What should be made is a system which detects if a job's spawn point is present on the selected submarine which, compared to this, would be more convenient for both the players and the host's choice of job. It would work by replacing your no. 1 job preference as you spawn in game with another if there is no specific spawn point available for it. For instance, you want to play as a medic on a submarine that is not up to date, therefore bearing no Medical Doctor spawn points. The game would then quickly change your job to another, such as an engineer or mechanic (as they are most commonly available on submarines).

Well, I am also talking about multiplayer, since in singleplayer there arent any limits anyway (for example, you could kill the mech and engineer and get yourself like 15 addidtional captains.) you can CHOOSE what job comes inside, since you are in control of it.

Anyway, your system actually is pretty neat, as it effectively avoids the "non-updated sub" -problem (Even though it doesnt happen quite often anymore
Well it still lingers around us.
Heres just a few of the non updated subs off of my usual hosting list:

Argonaut
Alvin
Atlantian
Alcatraz
Hammerhead
Icepickle
Nalhennia MKII
Nalhenna Mod 0
New Avalon
Typhoon

We basically cannot use those anymore.
Not only because of things such as meds, but engine/junction box updates.

This suggestion would also help us get evened classes.
(for example, not 2 doctors in a room designed for 1 and then the o2 depletes immediatly.)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

QuickLoad wrote:(for example, not 2 doctors in a room designed for 1 and then the o2 depletes immediatly.)
This much can be fixed rapidly if you up the O2 made by the generators. The previous bug involved only doling out enough to fill the room once and then waiting; now that this has been corrected, you just need enough O2 to cover the whole ship.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Warhawk wrote:
QuickLoad wrote:(for example, not 2 doctors in a room designed for 1 and then the o2 depletes immediatly.)
This much can be fixed rapidly if you up the O2 made by the generators. The previous bug involved only doling out enough to fill the room once and then waiting; now that this has been corrected, you just need enough O2 to cover the whole ship.
im confused on what you mean by up the O2 made by generators.
is it something ingame?
or do you mean the editor?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

QuickLoad wrote:
Warhawk wrote:
im confused on what you mean by up the O2 made by generators.
is it something ingame?
or do you mean the editor?
He means editing the geenerated amount of oxygen using the editor.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

WarlordToby wrote:Yeah, it usually goes like

- Captain
- One security officer
- No doctor
- Lots and lots of engineers
- Few mechanics

This would be nice.

haha, not a few, ONE mechanic. Actually, this "one mech, 7 engi" thing was actually the reason I posted this suggestion, everything literally gets literally out of hand (not to mention that most of these engineers dont do/know their job, ASSISTANT IS THERE FOR A REASON).
Hi,

I'm Frost.