More anti-grief measures

As it stands, people griefing on public lobbies right now is one of the biggest problems.
The only real admin tool against it right now is spectating and the server log, but the server log has a massive problem. Whenever someone does an action, it logs it. On an 8 player server, this gets ridiculous as it logs everyone pressing a button, selecting a terminal, selecting a cabinet and movement of items. It has happened that someone decides now is the ideal time to overload the reactor, and by the time I notice it by spectating (I'm not going to watch the logs 24/7), people have already provided about 5 pages of inputs to drown the log of the reactor change and the person that done it just simply left the server.

There was nothing stopping that guy from choosing a different name, rejoining and doing it again (it was a person by the name 11), I realize that people who change names but rejoin on the same IP get stuck with the same name in the crew list (this also seems like a bug but works really well admin wise), however this would also require watching crewlist ontop of server log, ontop of spectating.

What we need is a high priority filter, where the admin can filter any item/machine that gets logged to show up in this list, and also player logs, where it lists only the actions by that 1 player. What would also be great is the ability to record everyones IP who joins, so if they do leave before getting caught, you can ban them

Re: More anti-grief measures

i agree, there really should be more measures to take down griefers, and your suggested ways should be effective, especially the latter, since, Even if you can filter the Server log, who says the griefer wouldnt have left before you find it?

Well, anyway, lets just hope we get more anti grief stuff.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

I am not sure if IP recording is legal, but the griefers indeed are a horrible menace. The log should have filters such as the generator accessing and so on so we don't drown in button press logs. Other thing would be active warnings to admins about strange actions such as getting touchy with the generator.

WarlordToby wrote:I am not sure if IP recording is legal, but the griefers indeed are a horrible menace. The log should have filters such as the generator accessing and so on so we don't drown in button press logs. Other thing would be active warnings to admins about strange actions such as getting touchy with the generator.
As Long as these "warnings" happen while spectating, I am fine with it. I dont like The idea of an "all-seeing" crewmember, who knows WHAT You Are doing and WHEN You so it, just cuz he is The host.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:I am not sure if IP recording is legal, but the griefers indeed are a horrible menace. The log should have filters such as the generator accessing and so on so we don't drown in button press logs. Other thing would be active warnings to admins about strange actions such as getting touchy with the generator.
As Long as these "warnings" happen while spectating, I am fine with it. I dont like The idea of an "all-seeing" crewmember, who knows WHAT You Are doing and WHEN You so it, just cuz he is The host.
Of course not, but the problem still remains when you are playing yourself and the reactor explodes with no traitors on, you have to scour the log to find who did it.
It's certainly not illegal, banning people would then be considered logging IP's, also the fact that windows can show any IP's connected to a program by default, It just wont show the name connected with it