Re: Ship weapons

Well, a modern weapon has bullets with their own oxygen in them, making it possible to fire even in space. And we are in the future! And already on another planet! Of course there have to be something that would make autocannons possible. Besides, you can always nerf or buff the damage, we don't need to have that fixed one.

Also what comes to the multiple gun things; I dislike it. The game is supposed to be hard, not just like "I saw something on Sonar, it no longer exists because i randomly fired at that general direction." but instead "Oh shit, there is something, should we try to dodge it?". Also people literally fill designs with guns, there is no need for such. When your designs are full of guns, the only thing that can happen in a traitor or some asshole with too much time ruining the game.

Wired weapons sound good, but why the heck it would explode after few seconds? Logically guiding a torpedo takes more time than dumb firing so there is that balance in it already.

Re: Ship weapons

Rick wrote:What about a light railgun, that shoots smaller shells, but faster and they take less material to make, fired from a smaller turret that can be placed in blind spots and such
If you mean something like a CIMS, we might as well have like.. an automatic spear-harpoon turret which is loaded in small magazines to a turret.
For example, it'll fire 5 very inaccurate(and extremely close ranged) spears and then a player has to load another magazine to it.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma